Chrisman924's Running Log*Goodbye T-I*2/19/12* - Page 20 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #267 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

*UPDATE 2 of 2*

Also, I was able to finish up my Greddy Catch Can install this week. I picked the catch can up used, from a local shop for $20, and then spent another $30 on fittings and hoses. I actually started this last week, but in the midst of frustration with stainless fittings, I chilled on it to calm down. With some help from some fellow T-Iers who had worked with stainless fittings before, I finished it this week. Here are the pictures from the last two weeks. I will have to say that I HATED this install. I also have a PCV valve I picked up to complete the catch can install, but I am having a hard time getting the old one out. It looks like the original! LOL

Click sig to view log.
chrisman924 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #268 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 24 reviews

I like the placment. Id clean it up a bit aka zip tie the lines or secure using straps and run them neater through the tubes.

"His Noodly Appendage hath blessed the B-Series"
LightningTeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #269 (permalink)

Ya, I will. I was just so anxious to get it over with that it didn't occur to me. Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:10 PM   #270 (permalink)

*UPDATE*

Finally, finally, finally after waiting almost 2 months, I was able to pick up my seat and get it install. I had originally ordered the Corbeau FX1 Wide, but it ended up being too wide. So wide that the door wouldn't even shut. I sent it back and got the FX1 Pro instead. It sucked waiting for so long to get the seat and get it installed, but in the end it was worth it. I am a big guy but the FX1 wide was HUGE, and it was so wide that it didn't hold me in properly like a fixed back seat is supposed to. Anyways, I got the Pro because the regular FX1 is wider than the Pro, and I didn't want to have to deal with another seat sent back (since I had to pay shipping and restocking fees). Anyways, here is the finished product, with the Corbeau FX1 Pro, NRG 6-point Harness, and a few pics with the window net installed. I recommend this seat to anyone looking for a race seat on a budget. As of my writing this, I have yet to drive the car in it. Enjoy!

Old 05-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #271 (permalink)

Model: ls
Year: 2000
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

that seat is beautiful man!!! All u need to do is a black interior conversion and it would look awesome, keep it up man
1BAD1integra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #272 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 4 reviews

I hope those are not the final mount points for that harness.....I strongly recomend against riding in that car with that harness like that. That is the worst angle for those rear straps I have ever seen.

I'm also pretty sure that the bolts for the seat are not high enough grade to support a harness....and there's no backing plates\washers either.

I'm hoping that harness is just for show.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #273 (permalink)

@ 1BAD1integra

Thanks! Nope, I am staying tan. When I first got the car I caught the black interior conversion bug, but I decided to stay with something different and make it work. So instead I am accenting with black and red. I have the Type R shift boot, knob, and steering wheel. I am also planning on getting the Type R floor mats and a Type R passenger seat.

@ JRutski

Actually, the best angles for shoulder harnesses are anywhere from 90 to 45 degrees. When I am strapped in, my harnesses are at a nice 45 degree angle. See below:

Now, had I mounted my shoulder harnesses to the front seat rear bolts, then yes, that would be bad.

EDIT: And yes, the shoulder straps are bolted to the rear seat seatbelt mounts.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #274 (permalink)

*UPDATE*

In the past year, I am sorry to say that I have moved on in life. After installing the Corbeau seat, I had an enjoyable summer with the Integra. But while enjoyable, everyday that went by also found less and less interest in the Integra. I had finally reached the level that I felt satisfied with, without spending any more money. My hopes had been to do some more interior modifications and upgrade the suspension components that have been on my to-do list for so long (since the beginning of this thread). But after going through almost all of 2011 scraping for money due to 3 weddings (my brother-in-laws, my fathers, and my own), with no money came no motivation. Nearing the end of 2011, my career came into focus as well as my home life with my wife and the family we will soon be starting in the coming years. Combined with continued college coursework, I have found my priorities lie elsewhere. As stated, I am satisfied with the level the Integra has reached, and I really feel as though I have reached an end. It has happened with all of my vehicles I have owned...the 1991 Civic Hatchback, the 1990 CRX, and now the 1994 Integra. What sealed the deal for the Integra is the age it is now starting to blatantly show. Oil usage, oil leakage, erradic idling, and extensive body rust along with paint damage has become the proverbial straw breaking the camels back. And so, 4 years and 1 day exactly from the date I joined T-I, I am now saying goodbye.

Not only is this the closing of a thread and the closing of an era for the Integra, but it is also appears to be the closing of an era for my Honda ownership. I have since gained an interest in European vehicles, namely BMWs. As such, I recently purchased a 2004 BMW M3 (E46). My wife still owns her 1993 Del Sol, but we have already decided that we are going to move on to bigger and better things and want to be driving newer, nicer, and safer vehicles when we decide to start having kids, and sometime in the near future the Del Sol will be surrendered for another vehicle.

In the coming days, I will be putting the Integra up for sale. I plan on selling it locally and quickly, so please don't inquire as to a FS thread for the Integra. I will not be posting one.

I am going to leave everything as it was on this post and thread, including pictures for future reference for all of you here at T-I, though I will no longer be visiting or updating this thread or my PM inbox. If anyone has any questions, please leave a post on this thread (don't PM). I might check back a few more times after this message is posted to answer any.

So, I would like to thank everyone on T-I for your friendship, your advice, your encouragement, your criticism, and your support over the years. I wasn't as active of a member on T-I as I would have like to have been, but I did enjoy running this thread and sharing a piece of my passion for automobiles and Honda's with all of you. I wish all of you the best of luck and happy motoring.

P.S. I can post a pic of the new M3 to close out the thread if everyone wants to see it. Of course, I won't do it if I don't have a mods approval?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List