Team Integra Forums banner

My custom da9-dc2 conversion

284K views 935 replies 238 participants last post by  4drNepS 
#1 · (Edited)
What's up TI I'm new to the site but have learned alot of things already. Before this site, I never knew how much of a ricer I really was. The site has taught me alot, and changed my view on how to make my DA look nice but not rice. Well I have a DA and I'm doing a DC2 conversion. What I mean is I put on a DC2 JDM nose, a JDM B18C swap in it, and putting JDM DC2 tail lights, lambo doors. I was also thinking of doing a 5 lug conversion but after reading a bunch of forums on the topic. I'm not so sure if I want to do it. I have the gunmetal rims already but not sure if I want to spend all that money on the suspension or buy some nice black or gunmetal 15"rims. Any suggestions? But any how here's some pics, will post more as the project moves along.Here's my DA-DC2 Conversion!

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes the ricer roof scoop is coming off. lol

Forgot to mention, I also put in a DC dashboard that eventually will be complimented with Type-R carbon fiber vents and climate controls, and middle consule. Don't have pics yet, but will post them as soon as possible.

#8 ·
89stoner on Mar/18/08 said:
i just dont get it... why swap everything over from a DC2....

why not just build up a dc2 and save yourself a lot of the custom work?
I attend car shows, I'm part of a car club and we travel to all kinds of shows. Yes it would be cheaper just to buy a DC2, but just taking a DC2 to a show is not going to win you any trophies.

#12 ·
90IntegraTypR on Mar/18/08 said:
Quote: HeroOfTheDay on Mar/18/08 Wow! That is one huge project! I can't wait to see just how close it looks like a DC2...

Hey, don't think I forgot about that wing, I will be buying that from you most likely next week!
You got it man. This is going to be the PERFECT project to use it on. You don't get much closer to an ITR spoiler than that.

How in the world did you have the supra tails in there before? Did you have to weld pieces of sheet metal to the panels to fit them? That's the first time I've ever seen that on a G2, haha!

Another question, what was involved in mounting the JDM front on there? Was it close to the same size, or did you have to cut it? ...and how about the dash? Is it near the same size?

#13 ·
HeroOfTheDay on Mar/19/08 said:
Quote: 90IntegraTypR on Mar/18/08 Quote: HeroOfTheDay on Mar/18/08 Wow! That is one huge project! I can't wait to see just how close it looks like a DC2...

Hey, don't think I forgot about that wing, I will be buying that from you most likely next week!

You got it man. This is going to be the PERFECT project to use it on. You don't get much closer to an ITR spoiler than that.

How in the world did you have the supra tails in there before? Did you have to weld pieces of sheet metal to the panels to fit them? That's the first time I've ever seen that on a G2, haha!

Another question, what was involved in mounting the JDM front on there? Was it close to the same size, or did you have to cut it? ...and how about the dash? Is it near the same size?
The supra lights were molded and welded on with pieces of steel.

The JDM front was done by cutting off the old radiator support and welding the DC2 one on. The fenders were cut in half and the welded and molded together. The hood had to be built out a little bit (fiberglass) on the sides to make the fender/hood lines meet. The nose itself is almost the same length but we needed to shave the hood as you can see on the pic, if not it would hit the windshield wipers.

The dashboard believe or not is almost the same exact size. But of course you have to gut it. Meaning all the vents got to go. So as for as the heat, we ran flexible hoses to the vents.

#15 ·
why not just do alittle cutting here and there on the DA front to make the JDM DC2 headlight to fit in like this one, if you look at it, it look almost the same....anyway GL with the project

#20 ·
98dc2ls on Mar/18/08 said:
uhh sorry but dont see this happening im calling bullshit until i see step by step pictures. sorry to seem like a dick but you can take this as motivation to prove me wrong because this is too far fetched.
this guy is a Total noobie.
Good luck with the project ! Hey you indeed were rice but at least you didnt mold the fenders and bumpers to the frame haha

#21 ·
sorry hang_x i miss read your post.
and all i see is a jdm front with lambo doors. no picture from side showing justice it is a gen2. i commend you for being original and im jsut going to agree with everyone now that the project has been done because im fighting a losing battle.
im curious to see the finished product. g/l w. the project.

#25 ·
Thanx for everybody's comments. That red gen2 with DC2 headlights looks awesome. But HeroOfTheDay really explained what my intentions were. Yes DC2 headlights have been put on on a GEN2 before. When competing judges look at uniqueness and that car of the bunch that stands out with the most custom work. So after joining this site I really got into the whole JDM thing. So I tought to myself, why not do custom work and still keep it JDM(for the most part). Not alot of cars out there have that concept. But thanx for everybody's input: good or bad.
I also wanted some input on whether or not I should do the 5 lug conversion(I have the rims alreay)or just buy some nice wheels and sell these and use all that money on other things. The existing suspension has Brembo drilled rotors, Red callipers and tokico gas shocks and ractive coils. Let me know what you guys think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.