94 GSR mid-engine RWD H22A4 conversion - Page 226 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #3151 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan92591 on May/08/07
Dave get your ridiculously crazy Teg’ down here ASAP. You have full access to garage, tools, and you can sleep in my room on a pillow top mattress...the beers are already chilling in the fridge.
Uh, yes sir Jt!... Be right there!....

You can imagine how nasty this thing will be after driving cross country. Hopefully the only thing I'll need to do is clean it up.

Man, I just don't know how to thank you for this!

Dave
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2007, 11:34 AM   #3152 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 15 reviews

Dave, how long you gonna be gone on the Eibach Tour? Any chance you will be making it out to VIR for ITR Expo in June?
Old 05-08-2007, 02:35 PM   #3153 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 21 reviews

Dave: I will donate some funds your way this evening. Let me know if you need any type of decals I will be more than willing to donate and ship them to you!!!!!!!

Phong
Old 05-08-2007, 02:41 PM   #3154 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Thank me by coming to my house!
Old 05-08-2007, 05:20 PM   #3155 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 6 reviews

OK, time to weigh in.

I have been following this thread literally since the day it was started - over the last 2.5 years I've checked in on this thread well over 500 times. From the outset I vowed that I would watch this project unfold, and hold my thoughts until it was finished (i.e. published in HT) - even though that hasn't happened yet, I think the time has come to say what I've thought about alot as this project has taken shape.

As much as I loved my Integra (just sold it last week, but Lord willing I'll have another very soon), I've never really been a "car guy". Over the years here on TI I've learned alot about my car, and have been able to proudly do more and more work on my own car thanks to TI, but I'm still very much a "car newbie". I say all that to say this - as a non "car guy" I have been absolutely in awe of this project from day one. I imagine that for people who can actually understand (and thus more fully appreciate) the magnitude of what Dave has done, this project in that much more impressive.

But what has impressed me the most from day one of this project hasn't been the car - it has been Dave. His meticulous planning and attention to detail, his unfailing commitment to doing the painstaking work required to properly execute those carefully laid out plans, and most of all the humble and respectful way in which he carries himself EVERY TIME he posts, have all been even more inspiring to me than the car itself.

Dave, the reason the TI community has taken such a keen interest in your project (as evidenced by the recent financial outpouring) is because of YOU. Sure everybody loves your car, but they want to see the project succeed because they want to see YOU succeed - as impressive as your knowledge and abilities are, it is your humility and respectfulness that truly set you apart from the crowd.

I, for one, have been honored that you've chosen to allow us to walk with you on this journey. I wish I lived on your travel route so that I could offer you accomodations - in part because I'd like to see the car, but mostly because I'd like to shake the hand of the man who has graciously given A ToN to this community over the last several years.

You mentioned before how hard it would be to thank everyone for their support, but I would posit that it is we who should be thanking you.
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. M.T. A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity. R.H.
flatstick96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #3156 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 10 reviews

^^^^^Wow, I don't even know what to say to that

Your muffler bearings fell off. get some blinker fluid and rub it all over your lights, then check the car to see if the flux-capacitor is still there
g3integragsr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #3157 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Duane,

Very well put!!

-Jeff
Old 05-08-2007, 06:14 PM   #3158 (permalink)

Year: 2011
Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 22 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatstick96 on May/08/07
OK, time to weigh in.

I have been following this thread literally since the day it was started - over the last 2.5 years I've checked in on this thread well over 500 times. From the outset I vowed that I would watch this project unfold, and hold my thoughts until it was finished (i.e. published in HT) - even though that hasn't happened yet, I think the time has come to say what I've thought about alot as this project has taken shape.

As much as I loved my Integra (just sold it last week, but Lord willing I'll have another very soon), I've never really been a "car guy". Over the years here on TI I've learned alot about my car, and have been able to proudly do more and more work on my own car thanks to TI, but I'm still very much a "car newbie". I say all that to say this - as a non "car guy" I have been absolutely in awe of this project from day one. I imagine that for people who can actually understand (and thus more fully appreciate) the magnitude of what Dave has done, this project in that much more impressive.

But what has impressed me the most from day one of this project hasn't been the car - it has been Dave. His meticulous planning and attention to detail, his unfailing commitment to doing the painstaking work required to properly execute those carefully laid out plans, and most of all the humble and respectful way in which he carries himself EVERY TIME he posts, have all been even more inspiring to me than the car itself.

Dave, the reason the TI community has taken such a keen interest in your project (as evidenced by the recent financial outpouring) is because of YOU. Sure everybody loves your car, but they want to see the project succeed because they want to see YOU succeed - as impressive as your knowledge and abilities are, it is your humility and respectfulness that truly set you apart from the crowd.

I, for one, have been honored that you've chosen to allow us to walk with you on this journey. I wish I lived on your travel route so that I could offer you accomodations - in part because I'd like to see the car, but mostly because I'd like to shake the hand of the man who has graciously given A ToN to this community over the last several years.

You mentioned before how hard it would be to thank everyone for their support, but I would posit that it is we who should be thanking you.
I think you just ended the thread LOL. Seriously you hit the nail on the head and I agree with you 100%.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #3159 (permalink)

Post #DC2H22-115

For those of you requesting “numbers”, I finally have some for you from a dyno run last Saturday. Jason Wadsworth (aka JDogg) has generously offered to help convert to OBD1 and tune the car. We will be doing this a step at a time so everyone can see the results, so stay tuned for more info. I don’t have the actual files from the Dynojet at this point, but will post them asap. Special thanks to Phantasm Motorsport in Raleigh, NC for the use of the dyno!

Oh yea, it made 160/136. Here’s the video:

[img] http://img.youtube.com/vi/31n1jXLdk-c/2.jpg [/img]

Click on the dyno sheet for full size view...

Enjoy!
Dave
dfddfd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2007, 08:04 PM   #3160 (permalink)

Model: B18C1 CRX
Year: 1991

I would love to see that thing in action....and can't WAIT to see that issue of Honda-Tuning!!!

Dave you must be very proud seeing your handywork perform so well.

(can I drive it???)
4drSpankR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2007, 08:06 PM   #3161 (permalink)
The Enforcer!

Model: GS-R
Year: 1995
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Articles: 2
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to justYncredible

what are you going to use to tune it if you havent said it already
wu's turbo build GroundFXMuisc
460.79whp 311.92tq @ 18lbs (new tune)
(old tune) 1/4 mile = 13.36 @10lbs @120mph (on all seaon tires, 2-3yrs of age)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarksb18 View Post
Jr, I have never seen justyncredible be gentle with a thread like this and I understand why.
justYncredible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2007, 08:20 PM   #3162 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justYncredible on May/08/07
what are you going to use to tune it if you havent said it already
Detailed info on the tune and mods will be forthcoming.

Thanks,
Dave
dfddfd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #3163 (permalink)
Site Founder/Administrator

Model: SSBP GSR
Year: 1999
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Articles: 75
Feedback Score: 31 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatstick96 on May/08/07
OK, time to weigh in.

And this thinking in the post i quote is exactly the reason why myself personally and all my hard work that represents this website is supportive of this whole project/topic.....yes, the car is cool/unique, but the presentation and problem solving has been even better

- Running Log, the trials and tribulations of building a car

echlonwarrior: "Hondabond saves lives"
K2sInteg98: "the best thing to do is keep spending and not keep count....lol"
sgtmillhouse648: "VTAKS- just like boost with none of the lag...and none of the torque...and none of the boost"
MorningZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2007, 09:07 PM   #3164 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 21 reviews

Dave:

Sent some money your way. Let me know if you need anything else.

Phong
havokgroup.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List