LS to GS-R with new life - MalTeg's Running Log - Page 3 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by integra-evan View Post
Haha. Well, the screws from the bottom on the DB are outside the mounting space of the speakers....if that makes sense lol.
oh I know my wife has a DB, but 2 of those screws would line up perfectly with where that metal bar is... lol

Our cars are what the world sees as we are out. Do you want to leave a good impression? Or would you rather just be another person?

If someone helps you, give them a LIKE

I am MalTeg

My build thread is here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 06:48 PM

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
There's a metal bar in your cargo cover? That's weird, the cover in my 95 2 door doesn't have any metal in it.

1999 Adriatic Blue Pearl DB8
1995 Frost White DC4 SE - 2006-2014
1990 Rio Red DA9 RS - 2002-2006
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
yeah it has 2 metal bars.

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The 2 doors have a removable pressed fiber 'cargo cover'. It's kinda flimsy.

The 4drs have a package tray, that's part of the unibody. There's actual structure that runs at the top of the trunk inside the rear window. Like on any other car that's not a hatchback.

My FS thread

95 EJ1 Milano RIP/died/sold -> 98 DB7 CSM RIP/totalled -> 97 DB7 CSM Awful. Sold it back. -> 01 DB8 YR525M RIP/totalled

Integra friends are the best friends.
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 12:18 PM

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalTeg View Post
yeah it has 2 metal bars.
Weird. Lol.
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaton View Post
The 2 doors have a removable pressed fiber 'cargo cover'. It's kinda flimsy.
yeah, that's why I plan on molding carbon fiber to it. Just got sick of bad audio, lol.
dpaton likes this.
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-28-2014, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Ok, so I FINALLY got around to replacing my flywheel. As some of you know, I bought an XTD Aluminum flywheel before, and have now replaced it with an XACT Streetlite Chromoly flywheel. The XTD looked like it was composed of 3 pieces: a backplate that went towards the engine, a gear plate, and a contact plate. All of my problems came from the gear plate, which during assembly was put on backwards. Basically, the grooves that make your starter teeth line up with the flywheel were on the engine side of the flywheel, so instead of starting my car, the starter would just hit the flywheel incorrectly and just continue spinning. So, the moral here is don't buy XTD... well, more importantly, if you buy a multipiece flywheel, make sure that the gear plate isn't backwards... Wish I had known to look for that before. Would have saved me a lot of trouble...
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Only have a small update with no pics for you today. I have found out that my rear motor mount is trash. It started making like a knock sound whenever I would accelerate or hit the brakes. I was able to narrow it down to this courtesy of this wonderful site. I looked at it and sure enough it is trashed. Time to replace.
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Haven't posted on here in FOREVER! Decided to do an update: I replaced my carpet with a nice dark grey one courtesy of a donor car, got my dash all sorted out with new vents, went back to OEM GS-R cluster, got an ITR shift boot and some CF vinyl for the surrounding plate, had 2 of my lugnut bolts break when I went to remove the wheel (guy over torqued them) so had the JOY of replacing those which I broke the wheel bearing when I pulled the hub so got to replace that too, finally got actual black door handles, rebuilt my center console with an ACTUAL black one, not just my previously painted ones, also happened to discover a way to get an actual black dash without a swap or paint. You use leather dye, it actually sticks! I was amazed to learn this, and only thought of it by chance (I bought some for my shoes because they were starting to look like crap, then I looked at my dash and felt the same way, so I gave it a try in a small unnoticeable area, and it worked so well I did my whole dash). The one I used was Kiwi Scuff repair.
drmix likes this.
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
UPDATE: my Integra is down for the count for the moment. I was driving and suddenly lost compression in cylinder 3. When I got home I noticed that there was like a ticking sound. Rent compression tests and realized that there was no compression in it plus when I pulled out the spark plug it was covered in oil. Fuel injection was working perfectly so I decided to leave that alone. Spark plugs were still sparking I still decided to get a new set for once this rebuild is complete. I ripped apart the engine pulled out the Pistons cleaned off all the carbon from them replace the piston rings and reseated of them in their cylinders. I sent the head in for cleaning with a new set of valves to be installed. And I cleaned all the carbon out from the inside of the GSR intake manifold also deleting the butterfly while I was at it. Just waiting on the head to come back from the shop which should be within the next couple of days, and then I will be able to reset that and fire it up and hope.
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Well the teg is all back together, but it's not firing. Guess I get to troubleshoot on Friday. Lol
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
alright, here is my update with pictures. I knew that when i put this engine in my car I would come to regret not rebuilding the head, and sure enough a valve broke (exhibit B). I had a buddy helping me with this rebuild, and I trusted him to do things correctly... That was a poor decision. He didn't use a torque wrench when he was putting in the head bolts (I wasn't home for that part, he just assured me he did it correctly). When I went to start the car, I messed up the brand new head gasket I just bought (although, he technically did when he installed it incorrectly.), so I just ordered a brand new cometic one. I will install it CORRECTLY when it comes in the mail, and hope all is well then. *fingers crossed*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	received_195328587558431.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	70281   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161011_184854.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	70289  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161011_183130.jpg (269.9 KB, 31 views)
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
teg is still down... I'm really beating my head on the wall here. I got everything back together and it still wont work. Compression tester is reading really low in all cylinders, but the lowest reading is in cylinder 1 at a whopping 30. The rest are 70/90/160. Since I just rebuilt, the readings should be near 230, but they are not even close and im not sure what to do. When I got it to start, it would run for a couple of minutes and then die. I am going to tear back down to the head bolts and see if maybe I didn't torque them all the way down... idk what else to do at this point... if it isn't fixed soon, I have to give up. Winter is coming and I need to have a running vehicle.
post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 02:34 AM

So close

hope you haven't given up. you've put in a lot already, time and money. I'm watching this post . good-luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page