LS to GS-R with new life - MalTeg's Running Log - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 12:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
looks like you and i have a lot of common MalTeg,...kudos for all the work done! Have receipt of all the parts bought? Probably more than the car cost hehehe. Don't worry like i said, i can relate..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMknightz View Post
looks like you and i have a lot of common MalTeg,...kudos for all the work done! Have receipt of all the parts bought? Probably more than the car cost hehehe. Don't worry like i said, i can relate..
Yeah, I am about 1500 over the worth of the car, not that I care... lol. Its not like I am ever getting rid of my car.
Blazinqwickly and Bakercloud like this.

Our cars are what the world sees as we are out. Do you want to leave a good impression? Or would you rather just be another person?

If someone helps you, give them a LIKE

I am MalTeg

My build thread is here.
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalTeg View Post
Yeah, I am about 1500 over the worth of the car, not that I care... lol. Its not like I am ever getting rid of my car.
This is exactly how I feel, no car payments while having affordable insurance , money can go back into a car that will give me another happy sailing for 200k+

post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
My sentiments exactly!
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ok, just a quick update. I haven't been able to do anything with my car, but I finally ordered my ITR OEM Exhaust, as well as the tools that are necessary to do my flywheel (12pt sockets and a shiny new torque wrench, since my old one broke but that is what you get for buying cheap!). They will all be here soon, and I will be posting pics as I get things done! Then, I get to go pass emissions and can get back on the road!
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Today, I decided to throw in some 6x9's that a buddy gave me for helping him replace the thermostat on his 04 Intrepid (by that, I mean I replaced it. He had no idea what he was doing). As you know, DC's were not supposed to have 6x9's, but I wanted to have 6 speakers, so I decided to make it work. Something to note: if you decide to do this, there are 2 metal bars in the cargo cover. You can either make the 6x9 fit in between them perfectly (looks like crap IMO) or, you can cut into the metal bars as I did. Ok, enough talk. Picture time!

That's it! Thanks for looking! Tomorrow's project: Finally replacing my flywheel. Pictures to come!
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 10:45 PM

Those are monster speakers man! Nice job! I like the way your door panels look. Do you have a closer pics of them? Are they suede fabric?
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So, my muffler finally came. here are some pictures from last night. I'll get pictures of it on the car when I can.

and yeah, I noticed it was a little damaged, but honestly I don't have another 15 days to wait.

Last edited by MalTeg; 08-26-2014 at 05:52 PM.
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMknightz View Post
Those are monster speakers man! Nice job! I like the way your door panels look. Do you have a closer pics of them? Are they suede fabric?
Sorry I missed your post on here... I don't have any closer pics at the moment, they are recaro seat fabric. I will see about taking some pictures later.
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 01:06 PM

Glad you are making progress, sorry to hear about the muffler being slightly damaged but I understand not being able to wait too when under a time crunch.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
yeah, they had already gotten one damaged one in and ordered a different one... thus why it took 15 days from when I ordered it.
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 04:22 PM

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Have you thought about making a cloth cover for those speakers, to make them look more "factory"? It may help so that it doesn't attract unwanted attention.

1999 Adriatic Blue Pearl DB8
1995 Frost White DC4 SE - 2006-2014
1990 Rio Red DA9 RS - 2002-2006
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by integra-evan View Post
Have you thought about making a cloth cover for those speakers, to make them look more "factory"? It may help so that it doesn't attract unwanted attention.
Well, I guess I could grab some from a DB at the junkyard, but I removed the cloth from the ones in my wife's DB because I though it looked like crap tbh. Plus, the cloth covers would present a whole new challenge of their own since the screws go in from the bottom and are separate from the screws that hold in the speakers. Maybe I will do it, but I don't want it to look like crap. We will see after the shiny phase wears off on these... lol
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 05:27 PM

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Haha. Well, the screws from the bottom on the DB are outside the mounting space of the speakers....if that makes sense lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page