Need ecm wiring info - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Model: GS
Year: 2000
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Need ecm wiring info

i have a bunch of questions about my wiring harness in my 2000 gs with lsvtec swap. its obd1 and im converting it back to obd2 to pass emissions. im not sure what the heck was done to this thing but in my kick panel where the wiring harness is, there is a whole bunch of wire splices. what i need is for someone who has a perfect obd2b harness or knows where everything is supposed to go to gimme some info hehehe.

1) there are 4 sheilded wire protectors on my harness ( i assume theyre sheilded, correct me if im wrong) each one of them has 2- 4 wires running inside it. on connector C, pin 16, is primary heated o2 sensor, sensor-1. now theres another wire in with it i just dont know what it is.

The sheilded wire is the dark grey one with the white tracer, the o2 wire is the white one. now theres another wire coming out of the sheilded one, its wrapped in grey tape running towards my hand there. im hoping you can tell what im talking about.

2) theres another sheilded wire containing the secondary o2 sensor running to pin 23 on connector A. theres another wire the same as above that is wrapped in grey tape comming out of it

3) another sheilded wire containing CKF sensor power side (not sure what that is) going to pin 22 on connector C. same weird wire comming out of the sheild

4) theres a big sheilded wire that has CKP sensor power side, TDC sensor power side, and CYP sensor power side all going through it. again theres an unknown wire coming out of it.

now all these weird wires are spliced into the Logic Ground which is pin 20 and 22 on connector B. i followed the opposite end of the wires ( the ends not attached to the logic ground ) and they all lead nowhere.

im holding the the sheilded wires in my hand in the above pic and you can see on the one furthest to the bottom that the other unknown wire is cut off and sticking out the end. sorry about the blurry pics, blackberry cameras arent very good lol

5) so what are these for? the car is running fine. just hoping someone knowledgable can tell me what these are cuz i dont know whats supposed to be in there.

6) one last question. my brake switch wire also has a splice in it. whats that for? any ideas would be great. its in the bellow pic you can see one green wire going into 2 :S

any help is greatly appreciated
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2014, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

I guess insulated wires would be a better word rather than sheilded...
IntegAbomination is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 09:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Model: The 'L' train
Articles: 3
Feedback Score: 35 reviews

Slow down abonination - is there a conversion harness connected to the ECU plugs?

Your first and third pic are totally stock.
MeltMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah I have the obd2b to obd1 conversion harness but I took it off for the e-test. I bought at p72 to hook up.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Have you tried just removing the conversion harness and attaching the OBD2 computer?

Honestly this is the first thing to do. If the conversion was pinned into the OBD2 plugs then it is very likely to "just work". The OBD1 computer uses the same sensors, and just ignores the couple extras that OBD2 has.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Well I will plug it in once the weather gets warm but I just wanted to figure out this harness first. So your saying all those splices are factory?
Old 02-03-2014, 10:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

The first and third picture are yes. I don't know about pic 2.

You're taking apart the OEM harness on pic 1 and 2. Yes it seems crazy but that's 100% honda right there.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

Oh wow that's crazy dude. I never would have guess that. So you don't know where those wires are supposed to lead ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.