sunroof delete - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:15 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
You could definitely get a body shop to weld up the hole and smooth the roof out. From what I hear and have read, theres a new bondo-type filler that is flexible and is commonly used on areas of the car that flex so it doesnt crack, so welding up the roof shouldnt be a problem. In most cases, its your cheapest way out, if you get the rood welded up, and then maube just paint the whole roof black if you dont wanna spend the cash to colormatch it. I would go this route since I dont even use my sunroof either way and Id rather have a black roof to one day match with my dream carbon fiber hood+trunk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im just curious as to what keeps making your sunroof glass shatter, and why its a problem in florida?

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
well from what they say the heat breaks down the glue that holds the sunroof so after so much wear it jus causes the sunroof to fly out...i donno that it shattered but I know it flew out...and since it was on I-95 I imagine it did...well I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do it...so yall look for my thread soon! thanks everybody!

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 11:38 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
hey man i have heard of that same thing happenin a few other times too but i was told if you keep your sunroof cracked open or all the way open it wont happen, supposedly between the heat warming up the adhesive and the pressure build-up inside the car it causes the glass to fly off, but with it open it keeps some downforce on the glass and lets the pressure out. i saw this all on this site dont remember who said it but it almost sounds possible

remember when drinkin and driving choose Jack Daniels, a square bottle wont roll off the dash
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 11:42 PM

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i was looking into this also, if you replace the roof then there shouldn't be any bondo at all maybe a little, you can easily drill out the spot welds and replace it with a non moon roof model & re-weld the spot welds and maybe stitch weld them and you will be good to go, you'll even be able to use a rs or type r headliner on there and make it look sexy

if i cant find a wrecked rs or type r with a good roof i am planning on getting a new roof like this Oem Roof i am sure my friend that works at a body shop can get it cheaper, i want to go this route so i can have the crossbeams that go on the roof on the non moon roof models, rather than just welding a metal sheet in its place and have nothing underneath if you get what i mean
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 11:57 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yea, I think some sort of supports will def. need to be welded underneath. Just not sure exactly what to use.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
yea I read that on here too which is really makes me not wanna buy another 1 and it happen again...but if u think about it its prolly cheaper jus to get a piece of sheet metal welded then to try to find another sunroofless teg and do all that welding...i think it'll be really sexy to do tho...but if we all think hard enough I'm sure we can come up with some kinda support for under it...ooo and btw I'm a girl...not a man lol I love being able to say that...
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 07:43 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There was a product recall for Webasto sunroofs because there is a known issue with the sunroof glass blowing off/flying away. The dealer can replace the sunroof for free if it meets the following criteria: https://sunroofcheck.com.au/faqs.php

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page