Team Integra Forums banner

DIY Caster Kit?

26K views 52 replies 20 participants last post by  k3ntegra 
#1 ·
I want to adjust the caster on my teg, i saw the whiteline kit for our cars this it what it looks like

essentially it looks like simple stuff. Does any one know where this kit mounts? I know it's in the front lower control arms but i'm not exactly sure where.

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you actually tried this or just planning on it?

Its definately an interesting idea, wonder how it'll work out.

I went to whiteline's website the other day, and they show a picture of the kit installed but its kinda hard to tell where its actually mounted.

I'm sure someone on here has used it.

#6 ·
The washers go in between the two halves of the front LCA's, which moves the lower ball joint mounting point forward.

The bad thing about this is that it could cause binding problems in the bushings. Probably not a big deal with stock rubber bushings, but it could be pretty bad with polyurethane bushings (which aren't that great anyway even without binding problems).

#8 ·
I just went to a hard ware store and got some washers and a locking nut played around with it and now im running 2 degrees caster in the front. Its simple as hell just disassemble the front control arm and put the amount of washers needed like what the whiteline diagram shows and that's it. BTW I have been running it for 2+ years and no problems what so ever.

#13 ·
tony_2018 on Sep/05/09 said:
Did anybody ever attempt to try this? My sister was complaining to me about what the guy said at firestone, stating that she was off by -0.8 caster and it was bad. I wanna know if this will help it.
Well its not really considered bad. more like the car isnt driving like it should. Usually with an uneven caster split it would cause your car to pull one way or the other, unless you have your camber adjusted to counter act it.

But i'm going to do this for sure. my right side is slightly off on caster...

#17 ·
#22 ·
tony_2018 on Sep/08/09 said:
By doing the above how much of a degree change did it do to your car, like a before and after.

Let me research the change, as my car has never seen an alignment rack in my possession. I bought the caR as a rolling shell and did my own alignment so I don't have any numbers of before or after.

*UCA flip mod...
Before: .5 Degrees
After: 3.0-3.2 Degrees
(Of Caster)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.