JDM S2K seat with DC2 seat pan - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2006, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Ok so im impatient to get an EG seat pan like eveyone else. So i took apart my GSR seat to see if the DC2 parts would work.
They do but you need to MODIFY the seat a little.

This is what I was using in my GSR. its great but tedious for a daily driver. Plus JDM S2k is so cool

You will need:
17mm socket
14mm socket
12mm socket
Needlenose Pliers
Zipties
Philips Screwdriver (+)

Take the brackets off the S2k Seat and your DC2 seats.

The lever thing that reclines your seat is a two piece thing on the S2k. While the DC2 is sort of one piece and the bracket bolts to teh bottom. Just leave it on for the DC2.

You also need to remove the reclining control bracket. For driver side it is the lefthand side bracket. both the DC2 and the S2K has it bolted to the seat back on the side.

you will need to peel back the seat cover. at the bottom of the seat back (if the seat was in the normal upright position) the seat cover comes together with a sort of plastic clip system. its a pain the ass. you may need to use a screwdriver. (-) head.The S2k seat has a metal ring that you will need to remove.

Now you will need to cut the foam on the DC2 seat to get to the bolts. The S2K you just need to pull the seat cover/leather up a bit to get to the upper bolt.

Remove both bolts from S2k and DC2 seat back.

Here is a comparison of the DC2 bracket and S2K

Also after lookig at the S2K seat brackets, they sit flush and flat to the ground compared to ours that sit at an angle and down.

Now onto the seat bottom of the S2k and the DC2. start to remove the metal rings that holds the seat cover on the seat bottom.

there are 13 total. 4 on each side. three on the front and two in the back.

once you remove the melta rings pull the metal pan out. careful it has some sharp edges

here is a comparison. DC2 on the left and S2K on the right also look at the S2K seat pan. there is a metal support on the side, you are sort of looking right down ontop of it. It is suppsoed to slip into the side bolster and keep it from collapsing when you slide in and out.

NO EG and DC2 Seat pans are NOT the same

here is a pic i grabbed from HT.com of an EG seat pan. see how it looks like the S2K seat pan?

Now you need to remove the metal springs from the DC2 seat pan.

now put the DC2 seat pan into the S2k seat bottom and use small zipties to re tie the seat cover back on.

Also watchout that the side mounting holes for the brackets are not covered by the seat cover.

Put everything back together and put it in your car.

And here is a closeup of the JDM S2K seat inserts. they are an alcantara type cloth.

This was a test to see if DC2 seat parts work or not and they do. Now I will get EG seat parts and put my DC2 seat back together. Then I will have the metal supports fabricated and welded on cause im worried about the seat bolsters.

and for a bit of trivia. The S2K seat pan and sliders/brackets are lighter than DC2 parts. by using DC2 parts you gain three more lbs. each item: seat pan, L bracket and R bracket are all 1 pound lighter than the DC2 versions.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 16 reviews

EG & DC seat pans & rails are the same. Reason why everyone opts for the EG seat pans & rails are because EG seats are dirt cheap where as DC seats can fetch a good amount of money.

You'll love the S2K seats, they sit nice & low. Just watch the side bolsters, make sure you don't just slide to the side when getting out, you have to life the leg. If you just slide out, the side bolsters will wear down and become flat.
lsvtecdc4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2006, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

"Now that that is done you will see the" I think he was shot!

-Ted
Old 04-19-2006, 01:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Articles: 3
Feedback Score: 20 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsvtecdc4 on Apr/19/06
EG & DC seat pans & rails are the same. Reason why everyone opts for the EG seat pans & rails are because EG seats are dirt cheap where as DC seats can fetch a good amount of money.

You'll love the S2K seats, they sit nice & low. Just watch the side bolsters, make sure you don't just slide to the side when getting out, you have to life the leg. If you just slide out, the side bolsters will wear down and become flat.

wrong, the DC pans are NOT the same.......
Old 04-19-2006, 01:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Oh and Darrell if you ever see this, I told you that the JDM seats are cloth..........
DeadLock23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2006, 01:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsvtecdc4 on Apr/19/06

Actually I was in the middle of posting and had to rearrange some stuff btu i wanted to check the pictures to see the order.

anyway if you read the rest of my DIY you will see that the DC2 and EG seat pans are not the same.

Also I forgot to mention that the S2K seat pans have a metal support that is welded on that slips inside the side bolster. ours dont ahve that. the metal support is supposed to hold up the side bolster so that it doesnt collapse from wear and tear.

oh you dont need to use EG seat pans and rails. you just need DC rails and either EK, Del Sol, or EG seat pans will work or jsut use DC like I did.

This was a test. when i get EG seat pans I will swap them out. But I will take the S2k seat pan and the EG pan to a body shop and have them weld on similar supports onto the EG seat pan.
Solscud007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

yea, cut off the support from the s2k pan and weld it into the EG pan.

added to common topics under DIY
Old 04-19-2006, 01:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

ooh yeah also a little bit of trivia. the seat pans of teh S2K are 1lbs lighter than DC2. also the Seat brackets/sliders each are a pound lighter. so you gain 3 lbs with DC2 parts.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLock23 on Apr/19/06
yea, cut off the support from the s2k pan and weld it into the EG pan.

added to common topics under DIY

Yeah but i want one for both sides. jsut to be neurotic.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLock23 on Apr/19/06
Quote: lsvtecdc4 on Apr/19/06EG & DC seat pans & rails are the same. Reason why everyone opts for the EG seat pans & rails are because EG seats are dirt cheap where as DC seats can fetch a good amount of money.

wrong, the DC pans are NOT the same.......
my mistake, I always thought the seat pans were the same because the rails were.
lsvtecdc4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2006, 02:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

you dont need one for both sides, only the outer sides, because you cant put your leg over the bolster on the inside by the console........they put it there so when peolpe get in and out, or sit with their legs hanging out the car the bolster isnt crushed
Old 12-13-2006, 01:32 AM   #12 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 3 reviews

nice dude reminds me of when i put in my EP3 seats. i welded my DC2 rails on the bottom of the seat though. good call with the pan idea. i might do that bc mine sit too far towards the door right now.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 3 reviews

so what does this do? sorry but is it so tath you can put s2k seats in our car or so they sit up a little higher?
Old 12-14-2006, 05:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm on Dec/13/06
so what does this do? sorry but is it so tath you can put s2k seats in our car or so they sit up a little higher?

No. This allows you to fit the S2K seats in period. If you try putting a stock S2K seat into your G3 Integ it will not fit. The brackets do not line up. You cannot jsut swap brackets either. DC2, EG, and EK bolt on teh sides. there are 4 bolts, two for each side. they bolt sideways into the seat pan (the metal thing your butt cushion sits in. The S2K brackets also uses 4 bolts. two fro each side. HOWEVER the rear bolts do not bolt into the side. they bolt vertically up into the seat pan. SO the DC2, EG, & EK brackets cannot bolt into the S2K seat pan.

by the swapping seat pan method, the whole installation of S2K seats becomes a bolt on and bolt off process. If you read some of these other people's experiences, they ended up welding things on when you do not need to.

Oh and by swapping all these parts, the S2K seat will fully recline. Normally they do not recline that much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List