inches lowered to degrees camber: ratio? - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I will be getting the Koni/GC setup for my LS. I plan on getting a lifetime alignment from BrakeCheck. I don't want to get a camber kit when I lower my car because i want a little camber(car will be lowered between .25 inches to .75 inches). also the shop won't do custom alignments but will align what they are able to, to factory specs. how do i know and measure what factory ride height is(for a baseline) and what is the ratio for inches(or m.m.) lowered to degrees negative camber gained? Basically I want to do the ride height/camber adjustment before I get to the alignment shop so they can fix the toe/caster. Also, is the ratio different front to rear? Suggestions on what a good camber setting would be(front and rear) for me would be appreciated. I do auto-x, some daily driving, and road course/back road. I donít want to lower the car more than .75 inches for clearance reasons. I also donít want some crazy auto-x setting that will send the back end flying off the road course. As part of my whole suspension package I plan on getting a 22mm rear sway bar with BSQ. I have not decided whether to go adjustable sway or not. I have 15x7 Rota slipstreams with BFG KDW2 tires. I also have a GSR strut bar I might put on.

Please let me know if there is a more appropriate site i.e. sccaforums.com to post this question. Would it be worth it to learn to string the car myself? From what Iíve heard you should let your springs settle when brand new before aligning the car.
Public Service Announcement: the interwebs cannot and will not replace the need for a good repair manual. Runnin hard runnin free, never gunna catch me, drivin too fast on a black top road. -Hank Williams III
offcamber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2008, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 4 reviews

There is no ratio like that...its a guess game. Some people get different readings than others. How do you plan on adjusting your camber w/out a camber kit? The Integra does not have this option from the factory.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Different setups will result in different levels of camber, it can even vary from car to car =\ Trial and error on this one =\
YourAdHere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

the best thing you can do to try and measure the drop is measure the distance from the ground to the top of the wheel well on a level surface to get a baseline, and then you can adjust your height using that as a reference. Also like m_kluch said, without a camber kit there is no way to adjust camber. Our cars never had any kind of caster adjustment, which means your alignment would only be for toe adjustments.
Royboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

i plan on getting camber by lowering my car alignment: camber article

are there any approximations to start out with? How accurate and hard would it be to ďstringĒ my car?
Old 04-15-2008, 06:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Articles: 4
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Better off just getting the kit and having the car initailly specs on the rack. If they refuse to do the alignment, at least you will have specs of where the car is currently at.
You last visited: 12-01-2011 at 02:28 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 611 (total 250 allowed.)
Your PM box is 244% full.

Its been forever since I've been on here! And don't PM me as I intend to keep my box full so I don't get any annoying PM's!
FlatRate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Straight from sccaforums.com: roughly -1* camber for every inch lowered. The response was to lowering the front on a í98 integra, so I donít know about the rear. link

fyi i have stock susp. right now
Old 04-15-2008, 02:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

i believe you will need rear LCA and front UCA to be able to adjust camber. can anyone correct me on this?

to achieve negative camber, all you need to do is lower the car. however... negative camber isn't necessarily a good thing. and this is coming from a guy who LOVES slammed cars. because everyone is running a different wheel size, width, offset, and tire sizes to boot..... it really is a practice of trial and error to find your perfect ride height/camber settings.
DeepGreenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 02:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

another link i found useful link
Old 04-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

to quote solo-x of sccaforums.com- "its probably closer to -.75* for the rear" for every inch the rear is lowered.

now that i have an idea of how to get a said amount of camber, does anyone have camber specs(front and rear) that are not more than -1*, that are good on tires for daily driving, help in auto-x, and will work for road course/back roads?
Old 04-15-2008, 10:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

Model: RS
Year: 1992
Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

All of those circumstances require different levels of camber for the best outcome.

If you want to corner like a mofo, add up the camber. If you like your tires with tread on the edges, keep it to a minimum.

Camber isn't necessarily a bad thing. Quite a few cars come from the factory with a bit of it to increase handling performance.

Toe will eat tires way faster than camber will, and that's why you must get an alignment after you change anything....

If you want an ideal setting for a DD, then leave it at it's stock spec, or add just a little bit for fun...

My DA9 Build
HeroOfTheDay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

thats why im looking for a compromise. with only a 1 inch drop at most, i shouldn't be too crazy. what i think is critical is how much the camber differs from front to rear. from what i've read, more front camber will help with turn in, while less camber in the rear will help the car rotate.

can anyone give me your camber specs and how that changed the handling of the car? include what else you have done with the suspension/wheels/tires.

p.s. i will get an alignment after lowering.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:45 AM   #13 (permalink)

i just found this post on sccaforums:

"Yeah you gain approx -1.0 degree of camber for every inch you lower a Honda. Slap on some coilovers and drop it 2.75" up front and 2.5" in the rear and you'll see some major negative camber!!
As to running that on the street daily, I wouldn't do it unless you have a sponser giving you tires every 6 to 8 months with free mounting."

at least for autocross, it would seem from this post that droping the car .25 of an inch more(in relation) in the front would be the way to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List