Alarm system: Flashing lights - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 33 reviews

I have a problem w/ my alarm system that hopefully is an easy fix. I'm hoping that there will be some kind of universal/general tips people can give to make it work. Basically, i was screwing around w/ wiring lately hooking up my foglights to the oem switch i bought, and now my parking lights don'f flask when i arm/disarm my alarm.

The alarm works fine, every other part of it works, except the flashing. I know it might be hard since you guys can't see how its wired up, but i have a viper alarm, regular keyless entry type deal. I don't know what i did, but maybe someone can give me a tip or two as to what to look for?

EDIT: problem solved. Thanks everyone!!!
aznspeedracer32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2005, 12:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 4 reviews

did you run your own power wire or did you splice off of something.if so recheck that wire.
tony_2018 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2005, 12:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Model: Type R
Year: 2001
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

If your parking lights are not flashing with the alarm then check the alarm parking light output wire from the alarm brain. You have a viper so the wire is white. It should have a 10amp (red) in line fuse in it. If the actual p-lights on the car don't work, then check the fuse in the fuse panel if you havn't already.
Phoenix Yellow ITR #01-0505 - Still not F'n painted.... Slammed Premium White Pearl 04' Acura TSX - daily driver

siggy833 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2005, 12:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

There is also a way to put it in "valet" mode and I'm pretty sure it doesn't flash when it's on that mode. To put it there, I think you put the keys in the ignition, unlock, lock, unlock.... I'm pretty sure thats how you do it. Check your viper manual
CreepingDeath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2005, 01:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

if the led is solid red with all the doors closed, its in valet mode. Just like said above, check the white wire and the fuse that runs inline with it.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggy833 on Nov/11/05
If your parking lights are not flashing with the alarm then check the alarm parking light output wire from the alarm brain. You have a viper so the wire is white. It should have a 10amp (red) in line fuse in it. If the actual p-lights on the car don't work, then check the fuse in the fuse panel if you havn't already.
exactly happened to me twice b4
Old 11-11-2005, 02:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

thanks for the input guys, it must be the white wire, cuz i remember there being a white wire going into my fuse box, and i think i removed it, cuz i didn't know what it did, since i needed the accessory spot for the fog lights. Where should i reconnect this white wire to exactly?

P.S. i know its not in valet mode, b/c i've accidentaly got it into valet mode too. My car still chirps, and the LED still flashes, so i'm sure its in normal mode. But thanks for the ideas!
Old 11-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Do your parking lights turn on when you turn your headlights on?

I had the same problem, and the TURN SIGNALS still worked when I used them, but my parking lights would go on with my headlights...

Turned out that element of the bulb was burnt out, and I just needed to replace the bulbs!
Old 11-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

ok cool. got it fixed. the white wire was just plugged into the wrong accessory port in my underdash fuse panel. Thanks for the help everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.