?? how to change climate control lights - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2005, 04:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 9 reviews

how do you change the lightbulbs in the climate control? couldnt find it through the articles or the search function using only climate... plz help.
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2005, 04:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

hehe cannibal ';P

Just change amber to whatever color you want,,

thats one way.. you can probably switch out the bulbs.. but I dunno about that however

~P2P
Old 07-30-2005, 04:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 8 reviews

well if you want to take the climate control out. you pull the defrost button and the hazard lightt button. and behind it is 2 screws that hold the climate control in place. undo that.. then look under the the dash on the passanger side you'll see where the cable from the climate control hooks up to the hting that controls if hot air or cold air goes through your vents. sorry i dont know the name of it.. but yeah disconnect that and pull the climate control out. it wont come out very far. but reach back there and disconnect the wires.. and it'll come completely out.

but doing it according to that article posted by Tiger^^^^ is probably the easiest.. cause the bulbs inside the climate control is really really tiny, i dont know any place that would sell bulbs that small.

What i did to get the amber was, i took the climate control apart.. and drilled 2 holes in the plastic casing, and i wired up 2 194 bulbs in there. it light up nice and bright amber just like the guage cluster.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
but doing it according to that article posted by Tiger^^^^ is probably the easiest.. cause the bulbs inside the climate control is really really tiny, i dont know any place that would sell bulbs that small.

What i did to get the amber was, i took the climate control apart.. and drilled 2 holes in the plastic casing, and i wired up 2 194 bulbs in there. it light up nice and bright amber just like the guage cluster.
excellent. thank you for the suggestion!
chaos_reigns_01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2005, 05:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

http://www.geocities.com/mt3c/DIY_Amber_CC.html
Old 10-23-2005, 10:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

so what you guys are saying is if a bulb burns out in the climate control, you cant buy a replacement bulb but you have to replace the entire climate control unit with one that lights up? i have a burnt bulb, how do I access it, suggestions on replacement besides wiring a new socket with different size bulb?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.