How to install stereo system? - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2002, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

I need to know how to install a sound system in my 1995 Acura Integra LS sedan. I don't know anything. The local shops want $75 to install the HU and $85 to $150 per set of speakers! Ouch!

I have a Blaupunkt "San Francisco" CD70 headunit and a pair of MB Quart PSD 216 2-way 6.5" component speakers for the front doors. Those are my firm gear selections. I plan to buy a US Acoustics USX-4085 amp, a pair of Infinity Reference 652i Coaxials for the rear deck, and a Image Dynamics IDQ10 D4 V.2 subwoofer. What box should I buy for that sub? Is there a cheaper rear coaxial I could go with?

I need to know how to install all of this stuff. I've heard that Crutchfield has all installation guides for every vehicle, and their stuff comes prewired and whatnot. I did not buy from Crutchfield, so what should I do?

Thanks,
Ben
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2002, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Go to the articles section, should help alot!!!
bigcooncie95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2002, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Site Founder/Administrator

Model: SSBP GSR
Year: 1999
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Articles: 75
Feedback Score: 31 reviews

Crutchfield's stuff doesn't come "prewired" (unless they are using the specialized, and expensive, Metra plugs that do this), there stuff comes prewired with things like the kit and harness for the radio, you still have to wire them up

As bigc said, check out the articles section, especially the articles by myself and AI, we cover everything from wire colors for the speakers, to how to run a power wire, to uninstalling the factory deck, to installing your new deck....

and if you have any questions, post specific issues here on the forums... we have a lot of knowledgable people going through this autosound forum here and we can help you out without just about anything that comes up....

Vehicle Wiring Info
Head Unit Removal
Aftermarket Installation
Amp Installation
Running Power Wire
Gaining Depth for Front Speakers

And blah blah blah, lol

Oh, there is no article for "Letting the Genie Out of Your Brand New Kicker Amp", i'll have to write that one up for later, haha (yes, my Kicker 700.5 decided to make a show and smoke its internals on me)

- Running Log, the trials and tribulations of building a car

echlonwarrior: "Hondabond saves lives"
K2sInteg98: "the best thing to do is keep spending and not keep count....lol"
sgtmillhouse648: "VTAKS- just like boost with none of the lag...and none of the torque...and none of the boost"
MorningZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2002, 01:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 6 reviews

OMG MorningZ what happened to your amp to cause the Genie to come out!! (genie to come out, good one morning,lol)
bigcooncie95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2002, 01:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

if u dont know anything about it then i would advise u pay someone to do it.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Model: Classified
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Buy a book how to install. It's to much stuff to write down. If I were you I pay someone (who be installing more then 3 years or certified)to have it done. In my case I been installing for over 6 years all side jobs and If I can't do something like alarm (never done it before), caps (never done it before), 2nd battery (never done it before), etc. I have my freind do it for me he been installing for over 8 years certified at Best buy as installer (manager).
Old 08-05-2002, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 4 reviews

You can read the articles as said above but i think stereo installs are a piece of pie man there are 3 wires for everything electrical in a car power ground remote hook up to corresponding spot and tuc wires under carpett ez as pie i tell ive done it dozens of times with almost no help from anyone and people remind about the setup from this car and that they say man that setup from the jeep was the bomb blah blah blah
Integra15lb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2002, 01:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews

dude...relax...its nothing hard...look for bolts..and look at a manuel on how to remove the orginal head unit and shizit, install the head unit isn't hard..I did my own and Iam 17..with out a manuel or anything..I have installed everything I have now..noproblems....speakers are really easy...just take off the door and rip the old ones out then install new ones..and put the door back on the back speakers havea few screws holding them in...remove screws...take old speakers out..and put new ones in...wireing is really easy,just make sure to have some decent tools...ex/ good crimpers/wire stripers, plastic 18-20 guage wire crimps/ electrical tape will save u a lot of trouble. and zip tyes help to keep things clean...if u want more specific help..private message me..
Old 08-07-2002, 08:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Site Founder/Administrator

Model: SSBP GSR
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Articles: 75
Feedback Score: 31 reviews

i'd be careful with all this "its super easy" stuff.. there is a LOT that can go wrong...

there's screws you cannot see unles syou knew where to look, there is possibilites of wiring something backwards (will sound like ass) or worse, wrong (stuff gets damaged)...

while i do agree that anything car audio for the most part is very DIY-able by anyone with the right amount of patience and the right tools, it for sure is not as easy as "just take off the door and rip the old ones out then install new ones..and put the door back on".. not even close....

and there for sure are "right ways" and "wrong ways" to do things.. for instance.. you can get to the rear speakers by simply popping off the grill, but it is sooooooooooo easy to break the panel or the mount by trying to force out and then in a speaker through that opening... it is better to take the hour to hour and a half and take those panels off (then you can lightly dynamat back there while you are at it)
MorningZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List