3Likes
  • 1 Post By jjkz24
  • 1 Post By Hamblen41
  • 1 Post By Hamblen41

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Audio is Fading

HELP! I just got my 94 Integra LS about a week or two ago it didn't have a stereo so I installed a aftermarket stereo without a wire harness adaptor. I would be able to listen to the stereo for about 10 minutes then the audio would slowly start to dim out and then cut off but the stereo would still be playing just no sound. And when I would turn on my headlights is would cut the sound off immediately. So I went out and bought an adapter to go to my factory harness plugged the factory back up the way it was suppose to be then connected the aftermarket harness and then the aftermarket stereo and it still does the same thing. I don't know what is going on but I'm really tired of this and I just want to listen to music. I have HID headlight so I thought maybe it was to much power when I turned them on and it cut out my radio but my audio still dims and shuts off after ten minutes without the lights on. I also don't have any subs or an amp hooked to it. Someone please help me.

Last edited by jjkz24; 01-10-2017 at 07:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:53 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Welcome to the site.

Two things first, and then we'll get to your issue.

1. You made two threads within the same section. Only one thread is needed. No need to duplicate your threads

2. I changed the title of your thread from "Help!! My stereo is killing me!" to what you see above. This helps other users who might be searching for a similar issue that you're having, with key words within the search bar. Having words like "Help" and "My stereo is killing me" isn't helping other users.

On to your issue.....

Never, ever install a radio without a harness. I mean, you "can", but it's dumb to do so. Wire harness adapters are so incredibly cheap, that it's just common sense to use one. It definitely takes out the equation of a wiring issue when it comes to troubleshooting.

If I were you, I'd grab yourself a multi-meter, and start probing your power wire(s) when the issue occurs. The means that you'll need to have the radio out of the center console, but still connected. Watch your voltage when the problem occurs. After this procedure, we can go to the next step of troubleshooting.

Lastly, have you tried another radio just to make sure you don't have an internal issue with it? If not, find a buddy with one laying around and give it a try.
Mr.Stripes likes this.

770whp/500wtq @31psi E85

2013 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner
2011 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner

2010 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Class Winner
2009 Carlisle P&S 2nd Place Acura Class Winner
2007 Tuner-Evolution 1st Place Acura Class Winner

Click Me: Check Out My Build Thread - From Stock to 770WHP
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkz24 View Post
Welcome to the site.

Two things first, and then we'll get to your issue.

1. You made two threads within the same section. Only one thread is needed. No need to duplicate your threads

2. I changed the title of your thread from "Help!! My stereo is killing me!" to what you see above. This helps other users who might be searching for a similar issue that you're having, with key words within the search bar. Having words like "Help" and "My stereo is killing me" isn't helping other users.

On to your issue.....

Never, ever install a radio without a harness. I mean, you "can", but it's dumb to do so. Wire harness adapters are so incredibly cheap, that it's just common sense to use one. It definitely takes out the equation of a wiring issue when it comes to troubleshooting.

If I were you, I'd grab yourself a multi-meter, and start probing your power wire(s) when the issue occurs. The means that you'll need to have the radio out of the center console, but still connected. Watch your voltage when the problem occurs. After this procedure, we can go to the next step of troubleshooting.

Lastly, have you tried another radio just to make sure you don't have an internal issue with it? If not, find a buddy with one laying around and give it a try.

Thanks for the advice I will check it out with a multimeter tomorrow when I get the chance. I also didn't mean to post it twice my phone messed up and I had to restart it so I didn't know if it got posted or not. But I appreciate the help I will also try a different stereo and see what happens. I figured once I bought a harness it would correct the problem but it didn't make a difference.
Mr.Stripes likes this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

New update on my stereo. It sucks because now it doesn't play anything it comes on and then reads amp error after about a minute. I took my good stereo out of my other car to see if that was the problem and that one didn't make sound and read amp error after a minute also. Yesterday while it was playing the speakers made a fuzz noise and then that's when it cut out and started doing this amp error crap. Did I blow out all my speakers or something?
Mr.Stripes likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 05:24 AM

Did you make sure to wire everything in correctly? It's pretty simply color coated, also make sure no wires are touching any other wires that they shouldn't be touching (exposed wires, etc.). Shrink tubing is perfect for the job but electrical tape will do. How exactly did you wire up the head unit without the adapter? Did you splice into any wires that were not part of the original stereo wiring? I would go back and double check every step you took to wire it in the first place. I would also check the speaker wiring in the doors, are they aftermarket speakers? Could be grounding to metal somewhere along the line.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990AcuraIntegra View Post
Did you make sure to wire everything in correctly? It's pretty simply color coated, also make sure no wires are touching any other wires that they shouldn't be touching (exposed wires, etc.). Shrink tubing is perfect for the job but electrical tape will do. How exactly did you wire up the head unit without the adapter? Did you splice into any wires that were not part of the original stereo wiring? I would go back and double check every step you took to wire it in the first place. I would also check the speaker wiring in the doors, are they aftermarket speakers? Could be grounding to metal somewhere along the line.
Thanks for the reply. When I first wired up my head Unit without a wiring adapter I found a diagram online. But then I reconnected all the wiring from the factory harness back together and went and bought an adaptor. I figured that would fix my problem but it didn't. I also don't know if any of the speakers are aftermarket. I know the one in my driver door is because I put that one in. It was missing. I also disconnect the two rear speakers from the head unit to see if they may have been the problem and the stereo worked for a bit and then faded out after about 15 minutes. Also the second I turn on my headlights which are HIDs if that helps, the stereo just cuts out automatically. Everything is still powered just no sound. But after all that even having the two back speakers unhooked in now doesn't have sound at all and just reads amp error after 2 minutes. And I have also tried other headunits and it does the same thing.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 09:08 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
1. What head unit do you have install?
2. Do you have an aftermarket amplifier install?

Can be a short in the speaker lines, speaker or even RCA's (if install).

Under 2 more years left. I can apply for Historic Tags for my GS/VTEC Automatic and no more SMOG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page