Team Integra Forums banner

Stereo stolen - want to install amp

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  phatintegra 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!
This is my first post here at Team-Integra. Excited to be a part of the community now. I have a 98 Integra RS :biggrin:
Anyways, my stereo was stolen over a year ago and since then I have NOT been able to get a new one to work. I installed three (3!) myself and they did not turn on for more than a second. I took it to two different mechanics and they were also not able to get any of their stereos to work. They were convinced it's a wiring issue deeper in the car.

So now I want to just utilize the car's speakers to play music off of my phone. I found this tutorial:
No cd Player? want music in your car? No Problem! - All

What do you guys think about the above website? Do you have any 2 or 4 channel amps to recommend? Would this actually work for my car?
I've attached what the dash currently has in it.

I really appreciate your guys' help! I'm definitely a newbie to working on my car :smile:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Unfortunately I have limited funds to dump into this and am done trying to figure out the wiring issues. I know 100% that all of the speakers are functional so now it's just the question of "how do I hook my iPhone up to my car speakers without a stereo?"
Thanks for your response!

#5 ·
Everything looks to be working but alas, it doesn't work in the end. I've had two professionals look at it man and no dice. I don't believe it can't be done but I don't want to bother with it anymore. Any suggestions on my original post?
Thanks for the suggestion!

#7 ·
"Professionals"? Professionals at what? Connecting wires? A professional should be able to test every wire going to your radio and find the problem if there is one. In turn the professionals should have bench tested your radio to eliminate the possibility that the radio itself is faulty (wiring them up wrong can turn them into a brick in an instant).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.