Spyder Auto Halo Headlights good? Also Sound Questions - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spyder Auto Halo Headlights good? Also Sound Questions

Hey everyone, so I was looking around at just random parts for my 2001 GSR and came across this: Spyder Auto | Acura Integra 98-01 Projector Headlights - LED Halo -Black - High H1 (Included) - Low 9006 (Included)
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I think they look cool but dont want to waste money on something not worth it.

Secondly while driving around today either my amp or sub stopped working and I have no idea how to check which one it was. I dont know much about electrical wiring, and they look really old so I was thinking about just replacing them both. Could anyone recommend a good setup? I dont need crazy bass but I would like to have quite a bit. I did try searching for other threads asking but most I found were quite old.

Any help wither either of my questions is very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 02:27 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to atkinsonar Send a message via Yahoo to atkinsonar
Headlights, generally those cheap halo replacements are garbage as is. That said, I'm considering snagging a cheap set soon to serve as a base for a better projector retrofit. For an easy answer, consider polishing what you have, or find a better OEM set.

For the Amp question, do you have a multimeter? Have you checked all your fuses, including on the wire feeding the amp and on the amp itself? It's real easy to check the amp for power, and also check the impedance of the speaker. I doubt both went bad at the same time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

13 Ford Explorer (Wifes)
02 HD V-Rod (latest toy)
95 Acura Integra GSR
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsonar View Post
Headlights, generally those cheap halo replacements are garbage as is. That said, I'm considering snagging a cheap set soon to serve as a base for a better projector retrofit. For an easy answer, consider polishing what you have, or find a better OEM set.

For the Amp question, do you have a multimeter? Have you checked all your fuses, including on the wire feeding the amp and on the amp itself? It's real easy to check the amp for power, and also check the impedance of the speaker. I doubt both went bad at the same time.

I dont have a multimeter, but I could easily get one. I've checked the fuses on my amp they are fine, but I'm not sure where they are on the wire because the amp and sub came with the car when I bought it used a couple months ago. I have a feeling it might have something to do with me putting in a new head unit since the one it came with didn't have any aux capability. Is it possible for a new head unit to cause something to go wrong? On the note of the headlights, are there any companies that make good halo lights? I really like the look of them but I still want to be able to see at night.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 06:26 PM

Everyone here will tell you the cheap headlights are hit or miss. Sure some look great, but the optics in most suck for night driving visibility. This can change if you're willing to invest more to make them better (projector retrofit). Just don't expect $150 headlights to be a vast improvement over stock.

For the radio, sounds like you may have missed a remote wire to the amps? On the amp, you need to check voltage against the GND, for both the +12v input, and the remote (trigger) input. Both are easily tested at the terminals on your amp with the radio on with a multimeter. Look around your battery, I'd also suspect you have a heavy gauge wire with an inline fuse somewhere close to the battery, this is what should be feeding the amp.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 03:53 AM

i have the same one for 94-97. they work fine.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkin View Post
i have the same one for 94-97. they work fine.
Any chance you could post a pic of them at night?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Everyone here will tell you the cheap headlights are hit or miss. Sure some look great, but the optics in most suck for night driving visibility. This can change if you're willing to invest more to make them better (projector retrofit). Just don't expect $150 headlights to be a vast improvement over stock.

For the radio, sounds like you may have missed a remote wire to the amps? On the amp, you need to check voltage against the GND, for both the +12v input, and the remote (trigger) input. Both are easily tested at the terminals on your amp with the radio on with a multimeter. Look around your battery, I'd also suspect you have a heavy gauge wire with an inline fuse somewhere close to the battery, this is what should be feeding the amp.

Ok so today I was playing some music in my car and decided to park and open my trunk to listen to the sub while music was playing so I put on a song I know has a lot of bass and went to the back to listen. The sub was still working, I could feel it and hear it, it is just very very quite now. Is that how a blown sub would be or would that be my amp? I also checked and Im certain I didnt miss the remote wire. I have yet to get a multimeter or check the inline fuse
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 05:58 PM

If the sub is moving / producing sound, the Amp is getting power, and is turning on from the remote wire. Did you adjust any of the gains (level adjustments) on the amp?

You say you got a new head unit, did you go through the radio menu / settings, and make any adjustments for the RCA outputs for the Amp signal? Your problem / need for adjustment probably is in the radio itself. What is the make / model of the radio (Pioneer BHS4200 or whatever).
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
If the sub is moving / producing sound, the Amp is getting power, and is turning on from the remote wire. Did you adjust any of the gains (level adjustments) on the amp?

You say you got a new head unit, did you go through the radio menu / settings, and make any adjustments for the RCA outputs for the Amp signal? Your problem / need for adjustment probably is in the radio itself. What is the make / model of the radio (Pioneer BHS4200 or whatever).
I didn't adjust any of the gains, other than switching the head unit I left everything as it was when I bought the car. The head unit I got is Kenwood DPX501BT 2-din. The sub has been working for just over a month since I got it before something stopped working. I'll check to see if there is anything in the radio settings I need to change
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 09:49 AM

yeah i can take a pic tonight
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 09:57 AM

Radio, did your old one have RCA pre-outs, or did you have a line-out converter wedged somewhere in the mix?

If the problem started when you changed your radio, and your sub moves, then I'd look at...
...how you have the Amp interfaced to the radio
...where the gains on the amp are set
...the output / sub settings on the new radio.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Radio, did your old one have RCA pre-outs, or did you have a line-out converter wedged somewhere in the mix?

If the problem started when you changed your radio, and your sub moves, then I'd look at...
...how you have the Amp interfaced to the radio
...where the gains on the amp are set
...the output / sub settings on the new radio.
I checked all my settings and nothing got it working again, also I have the amp plugged into the sub pre out RCAs. One of my friends step dads is an audio technician for cars so I'm getting him to look at it on monday
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillter123 View Post
Any chance you could post a pic of them at night?
here you go sir
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1274.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	62481   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3182.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	62489   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5236.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	62497   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8217.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	62505   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8926.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	62513  

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkin View Post
here you go sir
Thanks! I think I might buy a pair and if I'm not happy with it I'll just do an HID conversion. Was it hard to install them? I would assume you just plug them in right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page