Installing a prostart Remote Car starter into a 91 integra GS - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Model: Integra GS
Year: 1991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Installing a prostart Remote Car starter into a 91 integra GS

Hey guys,

I am installing a Prostart CT-3271 remote car starter in my 1991 Acura Integra GS.
My girlfriend bought it for me for christmas... and I am trying to install it. She really wants me to install it mainly for the remote door opener but the remote starter would be nice.

So far I think I have found all the necessary wires...

Constant 12V+
Starter
Ignition
Tach
Neutral Safety Wire
Brake Switch
Parking Lights
Hood Pin
Door Trigger
Door Lock
Door Unlock
Horn

I haven't found the emergency brake wire... but I don't know if this is essential or not. Going to prostart.org to grab the wiring sheet, it states that parking brake is N/A.

When I hook up all the wires into the module, the lights blink 4 times.

Now my problem is that I can not access the "Programming Mode". I tried pressing the hoodpin for 4 secs and then releasing and pressing the programming assistant button for 4 secs and both did NOTHING. Does anyone know which wires are essential for entering programming mode? I am 99% sure I have the correct wires. And is there a possibility that I have a fault module?

Thanks for your help guys. If I get this to work, I will post pics.
Zygote is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Site Founder/Administrator

Model: SSBP GSR
Year: 1999
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Articles: 75
Feedback Score: 31 reviews

the e-brake wire will be right at the base of the hand lever... to note, there shouldn't be a separate "Neutral Safety Wire" and "Emergency Brake Wire", they are both the same thing... pretty much those wires tell the remote start "the parking brake is engaged"

and if the alarm is supposed to do something (like enter programming mode) then chances are very likely that the alarm isn't seeing what it needs to see to do so... meaning, incorrect wiring
MorningZ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Model: DB8
Year: 1998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Actually they are meant to be separate. one goes to the neutral switch (grounds when car is in park or neutral, this is what prevents you from turning the key to position 3 when in a drive gear) and the other goes to the parking brake switch.

Both look for a ground though, so bypassing the switch is possible (if not irresponsible). If you are in a manual you don't have a neutral safety switch.

DB8 Log | FS Thread | Gallery
kecknj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List