stage 1 vs stage 3 turbo wheels - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2005, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: -6 reviews

sup guys
quick question

what is the main difference,or any difference between the stages of turbo wheels. like when you see a turbo that says stage 1 wheel,or stage 3 wheel. what is the difference? i have a turbo that has a stage 1 wheel,and i heard that if i had a stage 3 wheels,it would be alot better,and i would probably hit higher numbers on the dyno.
tightteg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 7 reviews

compressor wheels measured by "trim." what trim is your compressor wheel? it should say right on the turbo.

the turbine wheel is measured by stage. here is something that somewhat explains the differences between some of the stages. click me
Old 03-31-2005, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 3 reviews

the turbine goes by stages, and to my knowledge the stage 3 wheel is generally a larger wheel turbine that is more efficient for more air flow. i personally am purchasing a stage 5 4 bolt pattern GT35S, which is the largest turbine available. what is the trim of your current turbo?
pubestripe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2005, 01:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

my turbos trim is .70 a/r compressor side .48 a/r exhaust,with a stage 1 wheel
Old 03-31-2005, 02:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 16 reviews

Nice find Redline. That should be able to answer many questions.
tepid1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2005, 06:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightteg99 on Mar/31/05
my turbos trim is .70 a/r compressor side .48 a/r exhaust,with a stage 1 wheel
DAMN!!! are you sure it's a .70a/r mated with a .48a/r turbine??!!?? that's a really bad match up. that combo isn't efficent at all.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

well the guy who sold it to me told me that,and then when i got it, the compressor side was stamped .70 and the exhaust was stamped .48 AR.....so im pretty sure thats it. why you say its not efficiant at all?
Old 03-31-2005, 09:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Well.. it really depends. there are actually 2 measurements that are used for the .70 A/R. one is the which we all know is the "B" cover that is used for the most part on larger stroked motors with less efficient head, and is in most T04B turbos. The other is the well known "S" cover which is one of the seriously larger flowing compressor wheel covers that support up to about 700whp.

The trim that is really being used is not to be confused with the exhaust WHEEL TRIM. When you see the "trim" that is discribed w/ most turbos, they are referring to the compressor wheel inducer/exducer sizing trim. When you're looking at exhaust turbines, that's when you start looking into "stages". Certain size turbine exhaust wheels have certain measurements that are condensed into categories called STAGES 1-5.. Even larger turbos can have stage III, while smaller ones can have stage1 or 2.
TheShodan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.