Team Integra Forums banner

Turbo B18C Can't Put Down The Power

4K views 31 replies 5 participants last post by  9TechNine9 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I felt like this belonged more in the Forced Induction SubForum so I could get feedback from people that are/have been in the same situation as I am right now.

On 10psi I am making 275whp/194 torque. Needless to say my car is extremely "squirrelly".. I plan on getting up to about 350whp eventually.
Here is my current setup
-Stock struts/shocks
-Eibach Front ARB
-Stock Rear ARB
-Unknown Rear Camber Kit
-Stock Motor Mounts
-Honda HX rims 14x5.5
-All season yokohama tires (first thing that has to go)

Here is a link to my running log for reference
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/20-your-integra/309145-gs-r-jdm-b18c-turbo-swap.html

I've been saving for months while researching for the perfect setup.
My goals - Weekend warrior that I can autoX occasionally that has "Neutralsteer". Honestly as long as it doesnt have oversteer I will be happy. Oversteer in a street FWD car = wreckage. This is not a DD but I don't want to make it a full on racecar, I.E stiffer than a MF with 700+ spring rates and rock hard motor mounts.

Final setup
-Ground Control/Koni Yellows (Need opinions on spring rates, I'm thinking around 400 F and R. Also need insight on if I should have my rear spring rate higher or both the same??)
-Eibach Front ARB (I researched this and found out it is 27mm, Isn't this ridiculous for a front ARB and my setup? Can't decide if I want to keep this or downsize a bit)
-ITR or matching Eibach Rear ARB
-ASR subframe brace
-New Motor Mounts (I've read that Hardrace mounts are in the ballpark of what im looking for, anyone have any other suggestions/review on the Hardrace mounts? Can I get away with just an upper torque mount? Id like to keep vibration at a minimum and comfortable as much as I can)
-Unknown Rear Camber Kit
-Honda HX rim 14x5.5
-Falken Azenis 195/55/14

Another question I have for those of you that have upgraded suspension, where are you guys getting your alignments done? I feel like the only place I could trust with my ride is the Acura Dealership..

Please share if you have insight on any of this!

:edited:If you are in the same power range as me, PLEASE share your setup and a small writeup of how it rides and also what you would change if you could! :popcorn:

See less See more
#2 ·
A few things that come to mind would be a zero camber set up in front (That's what I'm running but I still have issues on my crappy all seasons). The tires and alignment should do some of the work but not having an LSD hinders you severely. I have heard that motor mounts will help a little. Last but not least, I would recommend a traction bar. Full race makes an excellent traction bar for a good price.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply Newt

A couple things I forgot to add
I have an LSD.
I need motor mounts anyways because I have insane motor movement when hitting boost. Upper torque mount is shot, which I know probably plays into it a bit.
I have a front strut bar installed, a rear one that is not yet installed and a C-Pillar bar not installed (got them for free). Does the C-Pillar bar actually help me?

I've read into traction bars and it seems to be a bit much for what my goals are. I feel like I can take care of most of it with great suspension parts, tires, motor mounts and some tweaking.

I will have to look into camber kits.. Do I need them if I only plan on dropping about 2"??

#4 ·
If you aren't stock ride height, your camber will be off due to the nature of car suspension. Also toe doesn't help taking off either and will wear tires out faster and make steering harder. My car is barely dropped on tein street advanced coils and the alignment had to be adjusted when I did lower it. My car is only at 230whp and the traction bar helped quite a bit. It also allows you to adjust caster if needed. I know that some companies make adjustable ball joints which will get you where you need to be for a lower price. I bought skunk 2s and they work great but I did get them for a good price.

#7 ·
Sway bars seem fine to me. It all really depends how the car handles it and how it feels. Sway bars also won't help with straight line traction. I run a stock 24mm up front and an ITR rear sway bar (21mm?) and it works very well on the track and pretty well on the back roads. It's very neutral and rarely gives me any oversteer on the track. I like that because of the way I drive and I prefer to keep it safe.

#8 ·
Get rid of the all season tires. That is most of your problem. Get a set of sticky wide tires and that will help alot. You want at least a 205 tire. You will likely need to replace your HX rims since they are too narrow.

Im running 205/50/15 BFG Rivals with a 15x8 Advanti Storm S1 rim and couldnt be happier. You may want to keep your current setup all season setup just for winter time.

For alignment I am using Firestone. They have a Lifetime Alignment package where you pay one price (I think it was around $170) and then you get free alignments after that. Ive used it 4-5 times last year so it has already paid for itself.

#9 ·
195s? ooooof ditch those man. I can't begin to describe just how much better the handling on my stock integra was with just the upgrade to 205 s drives (which aren't even that great for a turbo build) and some new wheels. Also, while I agree that oversteer=car wreck with fwd (got in one myself last april...thankfully just lost a ****ty bumper) oversteer is what you need to help with the front weight bias. Well that, and it's more fun too :^)

#10 ·
Thanks for the input everyone!
I love the HX rims I don't know if I can part with them! I can fit a 205 on them but I can't find the right tire in 205/5x/14. Anyone have suggestions for a 205 14"rim?? Needs to be street legal. I just liked the profile of the Azenis. Meant for performance use but can still be street driven.

My ride is stored for the winter so no need to worry about that!

Does anyone have suggestions for spring rates and motor mounts for this setup?
Still thinking the itr rear sway bar is a good way to go.

#14 ·
You dont have to get rid of the HX rims completely. They will be great to have for winter.

Finding a 205 performance tire for a 14 inch rim will be difficult since it is such an oddball size. Once you move to a 15 inch rim you will have a pretty large selection of tires to choose from.

If your not into flashy you could always get some blades, meshs, SIs or another stock 15inch rim. Aftermarket will give you more options with widths, colors and offsets in case you want to go even wider later on. Really just depends on what you want to spend and what you are looking to achieve.

#22 ·
Seeing some good reviews on the dunlops. Where is everyone getting their GC and koni combo? Found them for $1100 on the ground control website for the full kit but that seems extremely steep whereas I've seen posts of people getting them for around ~$850??

#24 ·
what package did you end up going with? The package that is on GC.com includes all 4 top hats I believe. Does it come with everything needed to install or is there some odds and ends I will have to buy? I know the LCA bolts are known to seize up so im anticipating spending the extra $30 for a new set so I won't run into that snag.

#27 ·
I just bought the first package which is just the Koni/GC setup, no top hats. For the top hats I just bought some off of ebay which work just fine.
4 PC Top Hat lowering Suspension Kit Mounts coilover Coil Over Shock Strut Black | eBay

It will come with everything you need to complete the install. If you dont purchase top hats then you will just reuse your existing ones.

As for the LCA bolts, I have never had any issue with mine but alot of people have. It all depends on your location and the condition of the car. If you want you can jack up the car and see if you can loosen the LCA bolts before you purchase them.

#25 ·
i recommend hard race motor mount. its almost like stock feeling inside. when they were first installed it was crazy but not as crazy as polyutherane on my old car. after a week or so after installing them the inside felt stock. the outside you can definitely hear vibration but it doesnt matter since you sit inside. the hood will shake. here a vid of me sitting inside. i can make another video for you later this week if you want to see how it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APlrU_b7OV8

#26 ·
Aftermarket top hats are kinda worthless imo. Ended up wasting money on a pair for the rear myself, but that was just because I failed so hard on taking the rear top hats off my stock dampers. I actually ended up re using some of the rear LCA bolts I had because the new ones I got were the wrong length ofc :/

Not sure about yours, but I suggest torching the **** outta them before taking the rear bolts off. God my first suspension setup was not a fun experience...

#28 ·
The koni/GC setup I'm looking at says it includes 4 Honda upper mounts. Are those top hats??
Ground Control - Honda-Tech Special kit Integra

My car is a Texas car never seen snow or salt so the LCA bolts may not be seized up.. Hopefully!
Geis - which aftermarket LCA bolts did ou purchase that were too long?
Smkin - thanks for the review buddy! Looks like I'll be going with the hard race motor mounts. How long have you had them? Are they holding up ok?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.