Gsr build pls help - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2012, 01:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Model: GSR
Year: 1997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb Gsr build pls help

Hello guys, after hours and hours or research and reading joe Pettit high perform Honda builders book I'm still in the dark on what to do with my build. This is where I am : I have my 97 gsr block sittin at the shop, I spun bearings and need to have it done but my plan is to turbo it. Since I need to rebuild it I am thinking of doing all the internals now. I will be all motor till I am able to boost. My goal is around 400 hp when all said and done. These are the bolt ons I have already:

Full catback
Dc header
Cold air intake
Skunk2 intake man port and polished
Edlebrook throtLe body
Msd ignition

Do I need to upgrade the piston or just use forged rods and pins. Like I said I would like to build this motor for all motor but would like to add a turbo later. What steps should I do first to be able to turbo later....I know I will need ECU up grade thinking of Hondata, and need to up grade fuel but I don't think I'll need to untill I boost right? Are 550cc ok with what my plans are? Should I upgrade even without boost or wait? Any input would be great....also plan on keeping everyone up to date with how everything is going...thanks
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

You will definitely need to upgrade to forged internals. Arp rod bolts, perhaps acl race bearings and the list goes one. You would also need to build ur head to accommodated you're go goad.

My running Log
MKZAcura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Im think Im going with JE pistons, eagle rods, weisco rings, and arp bolts. I have arp studs to put in also....my question is should I leave the stock C/R at 10-1 and bore? I have read that leaving a 10-1 will work I just won't need to boost like I would going 9-1. True??
chopper68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

OK
A piston/rod block will be sufficient for ehat your trying to do. Eagle rods w/ Arias/JE/SRP/CP...whatever piston you want. The Pistons will come with their own ring set, you don't mix and match there.
Leaving the compression anywhere between 10:1 and 9:1 will be fine (IMO, the closer to 10 the better)
I'd suggest a 650cc or larger injector and HOndata S300. Tune the car when it gets back together; no need to wait
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Are 750 to big? Can I run the injectors low enough with out boost or wait till I boost to change injectors? The piston kit I'm getting comes with weisco rings and it's 10-1 c/r. I do plan on the Hondata s300 seems to be the best program unit for the money. We have three projects going me with the boost plan, another buddy going ls vtec all motor and a gsr all motor....can't wait to seen them all run...
Old 02-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Model: LS Turbo
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Forged pistons are a must for your power goals. Upgrade cams, springs, valves for head. Brand is really up to you as long as it is a legit brand not some made in China crap. what turbo will you be using? I'd recommend going 3in straight pipe also.
mvang001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

Well I'm thinking about piecing my turbo together, I had plans on getting a t3 kit from eBay but most reviews say there crap, but the i/c are ok for my goal...main goal is to build the motor to be n/a but tubo ready until i can save more, i only have $2000 left for my motor build. my head has already been done and my intake man is being port and polished...getting antsy about getting on the road....got nor cals cool April nights coming and need to get ready for the track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List