I am working with the Hondata boost by gear setup and wanted to share my experience and setup and see if we can get a better resource for it on this site.
My setup is internally wastegated which I was a little nervous about since Hondata recommends an external wastegate and does not show how to hook an internal one up even. (Anybody with an external wastegate setup feel free to add any setup notes.)
I had a local to GA authorized Hondata shop try and setup the boost solenoid and they ended up just charging me for more tuning time and said they could not get it to work and to just do a manual boost controller.
The second authorized Hondata shop said that it was laggy and not worth doing and to buy a standalone EBC so I decided to try it myself. I don't have another electronic boost controller to compare it to but it seems very responsive to me.
I upgraded my S100 to the S300 and bought a mac boost solenoid off of ebay for ~$40. The first shop that wired it up did not fuse it or put the diode on it. I added the diode and fuse. I was having trouble getting it to work and then realized that I had disconnected the wire to the ecu for it thinking it was the wideband.
Anyways, I was able to find online what the settings should be inside the S300. This screenshot is what I am running right now. The boost seems to run 1.5PSI to 1PSI higher than what I set in here. I need to do some runs and datalog with it set at different duty cycles so I can adjust the pressure vs. duty cycle table but stock out of the box it is pretty close to right on(colder weather could be causing it to be off a little more too). It is also confusing the way there is a check box for variable freq. when to have variable freq. you want the box unchecked. Hondata is great but their documentation is terrible and the way they word things is confusing sometimes. (either that or it is written in a way that pros understand
) My wastegate spring is 9PSI but with the extra tubing going to the solenoid, it will run 10PSI when set to 0. Being cold out I already have traction issues in first and second so I did that for 1st of 2nd. 3rd even gives me a little issue I think mostly because the power hits so hard and then tapers off some. I have not had a chance to try out the below settings yet to see if it helps. I had 3rd gear set to 13.5psi and it would go to 15PSI at 4600rpm and then settle down to 14.4 at 5600rpm.
I set the activation pressure high because I don't want the solenoid running unless it has to so as to not wear it out as fast.
Let me know any feedback or questions you have. I will add pictures above tomorrow to show how I have it tubed up, etc.