Team Integra Forums banner

after rebuild car won't run

807 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  nvturbo 
#1 ·
hey guys, for those of you who don't know. I recently started rebuilding the engine in my GS-R. I was driving when it started misfiring, there was a clicking that I determined came from the valves, and when I pulled the spark plug it was covered in oil which I determined came from a fried piston ring. I ripped apart the engine, cleaned out all the carbon, replaced the piston rings, valves (I sent the head in to a machine shop), intake and exhaust gaskets, and the head gasket. Due to an accident while putting it back together I also replaced the radiator and the injectors (I dropped one while they were out). I got everything back together, and the car doesn't run. It will start, and then run for a few seconds if I keep my foot on the throttle a bit, and then it dies. While it is running there is smoke coming out of the exhaust that is slightly blue and a smell I am unfamiliar with. I have no idea what is going on, but my compression readings are really weird too. 30 in cylinder 1 and it ascends to 160. I am so confused... I thought I did everything correctly.

#3 ·
no its 30 in cylinder 1 160 in cylinder 4. I am thinking that maybe I ****ed up the ring clocks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.