Team Integra Forums banner

Changed wheels and tires and power steering started working again.

783 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Geis 
#1 ·
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/1...k-ps-off-sucks-i-expected-something-else.html

Now I know for facts that I don't have PS installed in my car. Its in a Tupperware box on the shelf. But going from the 14" steelies with 195s to some 15" GSR blades with 195s, it literally has made me fall in love with the car all over again and at the same time force me to relearn the steering. I can now steer with 1 hand while cruising and when I hit the turns still have the feel of no PS. Oh my God it is so nice!

I have ITR springs/struts on the car and before when hitting a turn the car would handle fine BUT you could feel the 14" tires from what I could tell "roll" when going into the turns. Not these 15" tires! They are crappy no names that came on the wheels but man its night and day over what I had.

I grew to love no PS even with the 14"s and after driving it for a week I'd never drive another Honda with it. But now, wow has it taken my love for no PS to a whole different planet. I hope it stays this way when I get stickier tires and step up to 205s.

And if anyone is debating it, don't. My wife can drive the car with no problem and shes never driven a car with no PS.

See less See more
#2 ·
My DC has p/s and my DA doesnt. I drive my DA daily and it's really not a big deal. Only thing is parking sucks. However when I go to drive my DC which does have PS, it's a night and day difference. I will eventually take PS off the DC also but I must admit taking turns feels much more crisp and finesse with the DC.

#5 ·
I have 16x7.5s with 205s and no PS, took a little while to get used to but it's great for spirited driving, and driving in general if you like the more race car feel. The only time it's a real ***** is when parallel parking, especially if you don't go in perfectly the first time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.