Looking to rebuild JDM ITR motor looking for 230 HP need advice - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Model: GSR
Year: 2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Default Looking to rebuild JDM ITR motor looking for 230 HP need advice

So I have been driving my ITR swap for a few months now and I would like to start researching ways to extract more power from my R. I want to maintain the driveabity of the car but I still want to track the car sometimes. I would like to achieve 230 whp on pump gas I recently sourced new CTR cams and I would like to run CTR pistons as well. I was reading that the CTR pistons will raise my compression to 11:5.1. My next question is should I install all new OE stock valve train or get S2 super tech or another branded forged valve for the head. Also what's better for a street/track car because remember I don't want it to be too hardcore I'm looking for a happy medium. I am open to all opinions and info criticism is expected but let's keep it informative since I am just trying to educate my self also this would be an NA build obviously and for those wondering I would rebuild the engine from top to bottom. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Arodgsr2; 10-08-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Arodgsr2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Model: gsr jdm front
Year: 96
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

You can bore the bottom end if you wanted to a 82mm and get the pistons that have whatever compression you would want.any aftermarket lighter valves springs and retainers would work.skunk 2 pro 2 camshafts.no name cam gears.victorx intake manifold professional product 68mm tb.some kind of intake.rc 310 injectors and a no name fuel rail.replica rmf or hytech header and straight 2.5 inch exhaust.that will put you within your range
Old 10-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Model: GS-R
Year: 2001
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

RESEARCH!! Don't ask to be spoon-fed information! Do you just want us to tell you how to build your engine, or are you going to put some effort into this, yourself? It's out there. It would take you a few hours to answer these questions for yourself and gain some much needed understanding in the process.

If you can't find information to build a foundation of knowledge on how to do this between this board and Honda-Tech's All-Motor Forum, you're either too stupid or lazy to accomplish this.

Last edited by C_Rock77; 10-08-2011 at 09:39 PM.
C_Rock77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Model: The 'L' train
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Articles: 3
Feedback Score: 36 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arodgsr2 View Post
So I have been driving my ITR swap for a few months now

Cool story bro - a stock ITR will make 170whp. You want 230? just empty your wallet into the block. Now before people start pissing themselves I bolded the "W" on the horsepower number. Realism strikes.

If I wanted 230 whp NA I'd do some dumb things:
1. Mortgage my house
2. Bore to the dumbest number I could - 84+
3. Static CR of 12+:1
4. Portflow stage whatthefuckever the best they offer is
5. Cams with double "F" boobs as lobes
6. B16 tranny with blah blah 5.XX gear ratio FD and LSD
7. tissues to cry when I didn't make the numbers I wanted after spending 5k when I could have gone K and been better off.

Enjoy what you have. If you want powah boost in any capacity - SC, Turbo, Nitrous - just realize you drive a 1.8L engine. There's no real magic pill for it other than stupid amounts of cash. I'm not saying that's not without it's own pile of BS to sift through - least you'd hit your number though, before you overheated or the block blew up.

Last edited by MeltMan; 10-08-2011 at 09:51 PM.
MeltMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2011, 10:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 22 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltMan View Post
Cool story bro - a stock ITR will make 170whp. You want 230? just empty your wallet into the block. Now before people start pissing themselves I bolded the "W" on the horsepower number. Realism strikes.

If I wanted 230 whp NA I'd do some dumb things:
1. Mortgage my house
2. Bore to the dumbest number I could - 84+
3. Static CR of 12+:1
4. Portflow stage whatthefuckever the best they offer is
5. Cams with double "F" boobs as lobes
6. B16 tranny with blah blah 5.XX gear ratio FD and LSD
7. tissues to cry when I didn't make the numbers I wanted after spending 5k when I could have gone K and been better off.

Enjoy what you have. If you want powah boost in any capacity - SC, Turbo, Nitrous - just realize you drive a 1.8L engine. There's no real magic pill for it other than stupid amounts of cash. I'm not saying that's not without it's own pile of BS to sift through - least you'd hit your number though, before you overheated or the block blew up.
im with this guy... i went k and im never looking back

FS
LS door panels
2000 steering wheel
DChatch4eva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2011, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Year: 95

Dude, I hate to join the crowd but I have to say. I have...

b18c1 block, balanced
bored .40 over
Ctr oversized pistons
Gsr head, mild port and polish
Supertech flat faced valves
Supertech titanium retainers and springs
Skunk2 stage 1 cams
Skunk2 pro series IM
AEM tru time cam gears
RC injectors
maxbore tb with 68mm inlet tapered to 64mm
Outlaw IM and TB gasket
Samco intake comptech icebox
Fuel pressure regulator
SMSP high flow cat
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hasport mounts
Comptech header
B16 tranny
Exeddy stage 1 clutch
ACT prolite 8.8 lb flywheel
Tuned on s300

Sure I'm forgetting something... Currently I'm being choked by my comptech 2.25 exhaust but I love the sound and how stock it looks. In any case, after all that investment I'm going to make no more than 205-210hp. Say "no more" because I'm waiting on my tuner to give me a retune. I've spent almost $6500 in motor work alone and will never see 230hp. Even after selling my header/exhaust to get a bigger one I will be well over $7500 spent. I love my car but all that cash and I still can't take down a lot of the new 300+ hp cars. Especially these gay camaros although, I can take down a stock rs all day.

I've been building my car forever and actually if you look at our cars they are similar in appearance. These are older pictures, have itr wing but you get the idea.

What I'm trying to say as I'm droning on... if I had it to do it again I would just go K with some cams, a bad ass header and kpro OR sink the money into a solid 350-400 hp setup. As others have said, alternatively, you could probably get to 230 hp if you add a SC with an upgraded pulley but then you wouldn't be able to make much more.

Personally, I chose na because, although I have a beater, I drive the teg a crapload and reliability is number one above all else. Just think about what you want and talk to some people before you spend more cash.
Thieves beware: 1) The Castle Doctrine/Make My Day Law. This law applies to home, vehicle or place of employment and allows me to protect myself as well as property "without duty to retreat." 2) I KEEP A BLACK GLOCK, RED DOT, BLUE FLAME.

Last edited by NOETICNORMY; 10-13-2011 at 11:30 PM.
NOETICNORMY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Model: LS coupe
Year: 1994
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

I agree with Meltman, k-series or boost (or both) would be more cost effective but you may want to look up crazylilsmokie...I believe his build (B18C1) got him to that ballpark but it wasn't easy and had it's fair share of issues
silverteg94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Year: 2000
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

A lot of good points made here thanks for all the input. I have been wanting to do a K series swap but not in my black TEG this one is my baby I love the way she is now I was just exploring my options and seeing what you guys on TI had had to say about it. Casey you have a good point I would be dumping a lot of money into the car and struggle to reach that goal although boosting would the motor would be pretty sick! I like the all motor set up better and I like my drievability.My ITR swap is mint right now so cracking it open while it's operating perfect would be dumb. C_Rock thank you for your speech like my first post said I am looking to educate my self on somethings. To answer your question yes I have researched a lot of info. I wanted to see people on this forum how to say. Anyway thanks everyone I wil consider all this. Oh and I am looking to do a K swap in another TEG though once I finish up with mine.
Arodgsr2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Model: LS
Year: 1999
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

JRSC looks like it could be your best bet. Great power band with smooth N/A power delivery. Plus most of the supporting mods will work well on a stock type R engine.

Da1witskilz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2011, 07:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews

LOL not sure why you guys aren't making the power... on a budget LSV build 81.5mm ebay ctr replica pistons, rebuild block, ls crank, gsr head (ported 5 angle valve job) stock valves, rxs type s retainers, rocket valve springs, skunk2 pro2 12.5cr 93 octane, rdx 410cc injector, edlebrock performance x IM, ebay tri-y header, crome easily made 220whp after street tune.... with some about 1 hour on the dyne it made 235whp 155tq... but for some reason the power dropped off a cliff after 8400rpms..... maybe the IM is too small or something... 12.4 in a rusty 90crx si ... slicks and max speed coilovers.
leclue19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 02:25 AM   #11 (permalink)

Year: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by leclue19 View Post
LOL not sure why you guys aren't making the power... on a budget LSV build 81.5mm ebay ctr replica pistons, rebuild block, ls crank, gsr head (ported 5 angle valve job) stock valves, rxs type s retainers, rocket valve springs, skunk2 pro2 12.5cr 93 octane, rdx 410cc injector, edlebrock performance x IM, ebay tri-y header, crome easily made 220whp after street tune.... with some about 1 hour on the dyne it made 235whp 155tq... but for some reason the power dropped off a cliff after 8400rpms..... maybe the IM is too small or something... 12.4 in a rusty 90crx si ... slicks and max speed coilovers.
Pretty nice numbers. What what exhaust size and setup are you running? Brand, cat/no cat, resonator?
NOETICNORMY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 02:39 AM   #12 (permalink)

Model: GS Type Rawr
Year: 1997
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Quote:

...post the dyno

My red JDM front log.
Check out my Flickr
For Sale Thread!!!
Crad008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 09:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

Year: 1998
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crad008 View Post
...post the dyno
I'm in for this. ^

What was spent on the setup?
Any adjustments made on that dyno? Type?
95_GS-R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

Model: DC2 & DB7
Year: 1994
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
No offense, but this is a fantasy. You have a freak motor or you're simply not being truthful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List