Team Integra Forums banner

Engine bogs down at start-up??

14K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  silvertegGS 
#1 ·
I'm concerned about the condition of my engine. A few random times when I have started up my car, it seems like it had trouble staying running! It would start up fine, then bog down to barely hovering around 100 rpms or less! I would rev it a bit to keep it up but then as soon as i let off it bogs down again. After 30 seconds or so of this it would be fine. It has happened both at cold start and after i've driven around and it was already warm and i simply shut off the engine for a few minutes. Any idea what it is?

#2 ·
Both my Integras have always done that too. Don't know what it is, but I don't believe it's anything to be really concerned about.

Actually when it seems like it is bogging the RPM's aren't that low. The stock tach doesn't register very well in the sub 1000 RPM territory. When the bogging was happening and I looked at the digital readout on my VAFC it was at about 600 RPM.

#5 ·
ur timing could be off or ur tail pipes can be clogged up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.