Car bogs when warm, bad distributor? - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I need some help with my Integra. I dont know whats up with it, when I drive it it will run fine when its cold but when it warms up it will bog down. I can let my foot of the gas and it will correct its self. My computer is giving me the oxygen content code, ive replaced the oxygen sensor and it still doing it. Some one told me it was a subcoil in my distributer. Its the second distributer ive put on the car.(but its a orileys unit) can youll point me to the problem, and if it is the distributer can youll tell me were i can get a new one.
brokeintegra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

what did u replace the O2 sensor with?

and does the car bog down while ur driving normally? how about when you press the gas pedal more than half way while you're driving?
kev510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2006, 10:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

it does bog during normal driving. and anything past half trottle does nothing but bog. i replaced the o2 sensor with a autozone universal product
Old 08-04-2006, 11:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

did you reset the ECU after replacing the o2 sensor?
Old 08-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

yea
Old 08-04-2006, 11:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

does the rpm stay constant while you're not driving, at idle?

i dont think it would be your distributor, because it would bog with a bad distributor, regardless of the engine being warm OR cold.

whens the last time u changed the fuel filter? and used fuel system cleaner?

also check that all cylinders are firing, by pulling out one spark plug wire at a time (if you dont know how to do this let me know and i'll explain in details).. might be bad sparkplugs
Old 08-04-2006, 11:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

i cleaned out the fuel system when i replaced the head gasket in may. I also checked the spark and every cylinder is firing fine. lately it has goten werse and will do it when its cold. the rpms will fall when it bogs and will jump back up when it corrects itself. it only does it when its moving though not parked?
Old 08-04-2006, 11:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

ok my bad, you did replace the distr... but did you change out the rotor at the same time??

You also said two different things, first post says your car bogs when its warm, then the last one u posted says it acts up when its cold.

I really think its the O2 sensor... except that your car bogs MORE when at WOT.. hmm try to describe the symptom a little more.. Does it bog everytime you step on the gas? Does it bog UNTIL you let off the gas pedal? what happens if you rev the engine slowly in neutral? Does it rev up smoothly? Is your car auto/manual?
Old 08-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

alright my bad didnt mean to confuse you. its a manual. it bogs all the time now, it use to only do it when it was hot but know it dosnt matter when. i replaced the cap rotor and distributer at the same time. in neutral it revs smoothly. and when it dose bog i can let my foot of the gas and let the rpms drop and it smooths out. if it bogs and i dont let my foot of the gas the rpms will fall to about idle and it smooths itself out. it bods every 5 seconds even durring slow driving. when i replaced the o2 sensor it stoped for about 10 min. and started up. now i dont have a factory replacement but a universal. the ignition timing is set to factory spects.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 29 reviews

this is on your 89 RS right?

you've checked spark, and said theres spark in every cylinder, maybe check out the fuel system.

it could be a FPR going out or a clink in the line anywhere from the fuel tank to the injectors.

in my opinion, i would test out spark and fuel.

hook up a fuel pressure gauge and try running it inside the car or tape it to the windshield. try noticing if the fuel pressure drops when it bogs.

there could also be a small rip or crack in a vacuum line. try hooking up a vacuum gauge as well, but i having a feeling it could be fuel related.
pothiawala786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2006, 12:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

aight I started messing with it last night. And I finally figured out the problem. I pulled of what looked like the factory fuel filter and rust and varnish just poored out, I geuss it was so shot none of my fuel system cleaners didnt work. I also cant use that universal o2 sensor, because the best you can do with it is crimp the wire. And i geuss i dont need a new distributer but im still gitting a free omb from my buddy for it.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews

hey man my car is doing the same thing... and its going into the dealer on tuesday.. i can tell you then exactly what it is!
GRteggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

alright sound cool thanx
Old 08-05-2006, 01:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

mine did that too ..... it was a bad coil.
silvateg95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.