Team Integra Forums banner

Help! my car won't go into gear

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  da9steve 
#1 ·
hey guys, my 91 integra db1 was driving great today and suddenly after i turned left from a stop sign, in between shifting from first to second, i felt something weird and when i went to press on the gas all i heard was throttle and no power was getting to the wheels so i figured it has something to do with either the shift linkage or clutch. i had someone help push it to the side of the road and then i walked down the street and found a small piece of metal shaped like a donut. it was covered in grease, and there was a small strip of rubber left on the inside ring of it when i found it. it looks like a part of a throw out bearing but i'm not sure about shifting parts so if someone could try to think of what it is let me know. here's a picture :

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
If linkage broke off the shifter the shifter will free float. I'd say get under the car and do a full inspection of everything. The other thing to do is check your clutch for travel. Have someone press and depress the clutch pedal while you look at the clutch release arm.

#4 ·
thanks for the advice, i found out it was my left inside cv axle boot that shredded in half. i replaced it with a brand new one, got 2 streets down, and the new one shredded the same way like nothing. no clue what's making my inner boot do this considering those are the ones that are supposed to last longer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.