Team Integra Forums banner

92 integra wont start after driving

9K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  JunkySrh420 
#1 ·
just after driving my 92 acura integra gs, wont start sometimes, when this problem occurs i will be driving just fine, shut it down to get some gas, try to start, and does but immediatly boggs down and dies, try to start and just cranks over, few minutes later starts right up, never any problems while driving, any suggestions

#4 ·
ya i was thinking it might be the main fuel relay, hard to diagnose when the problem is intermittent, my brother was thinking it might be the fuel pump but you would think i would have problems as i was driving as well. will start with the mfr, then if not fixed move to the fuel pump. thanks fellas, i appreciate it

#5 ·
same problem but wose

now it is hard to start and when it does start low rpms . put in 1st gear let clutch go boggs severly.have to feather gas and clutch to go untill 30 -50 mpr . slow down same thing....changed cap rotor wire plugs pcv valve please help also have no exhaust after resonator :(

#8 ·
same problem but worse

ok did the fuel pump relay test. positve on post 4 neg on 8 click ,pos on 5 neg on 7 no click pos on 5 neg on 2 click, pos on 1 neg on 3 no click pos on 3 neg on 8 click the problom now is bought new relay same exact thing happens . so is that test even right? bought to take it in to shop ang get fixed hopefully...

#10 ·
Not that familiar with the pre94 integras but sounds kind of like an Idle Air Control (IAC) issue. Don't know if your car even has one, but might be worth a look. Air filter clogged?

#12 ·
Could be fuel pressure related or injector problem, based on the comment you just made I am leaning more toward a vacuum leak. I take it you checked all fuel relays, that is a very common problem with integras in general.

#15 ·
Similar Problem with my '92 GSR. Bad gas rusted out the tank. Replaced fuel pump, ignition switch, battery, battery cables, ground cables, fuel filter(twice), 3 different fuel system cleaners, main relay - and I just found out my prob was the Fuel Pressure Regulator. Wasn't getting enough fuel pressure - try tapping on the FPR before starting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.