fuel dumping out of air intake - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

i have a 91 Teg- while out for a test drive the engine died i pop the hood to find gas flowing out of my air intake. tried to start it and it turned over for a split second before the engine appeared to lock up. towed it home and pulled out the plugs in hope of releasing sum pressure. when i turnd the key over i just got an abnormal amount of fuel blowing out of the spark plug hole. cylinders also have standing fuel in them and oil has fule in it now to. does anyone know what would cause this or have some good opinions as to where or what i should look? noobie to the site i really hope i posted this in the right spot
PuddleJumper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2010, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Model: Special Edition
Year: 1996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 29 reviews

You attempted starting the car with no spark plugs in it? That was absolutely the wrong thing to do. It seems as though your first problem went completely ignored so I'll try to address that first. When you say "gas flowing out of my air intake" do you mean the intake manifold? If you're talking about the intake manifold that may not have been fuel, but coolant. If you are indeed referring to the intake tubing arm, I am seriously confused.

Secondly, what did you do to fix this free-flowing gasoline going all over your engine bay before you tried starting the car again? And how do you know that there is "free-standing fuel in the cylinders"? You mean you can look down in to the holes where the spark plugs are supposed to be and see oil? That may be the result of a bad gasket. Some pictures of what you're talking about could probably help.
tlangy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List