Team Integra Forums banner

Dash Climate Control Peice Broke

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  lmfar427 
#1 ·
If you take out the Climate Control you will see where the Climate Control Connects to your dash and that peice broke from my dash and I don't know how to go about fixing it. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know. Also if the last resort is buying a dash does anyone know how much a new one costs and where I can buy them besides a dealer? Any help will do thanks...

#3 ·
i have the same problem i haven't had time to look at it yet because i've been installing alarm,remounting hood release,changing hoses, and all kinds of stuff.good thing someone brought it up.didn't realized the climate control was screw into the dash,thought it was a snap on.does anybody have any clue how to put it back in since that mount broke off.

#6 ·
Just don't screw it in....when i had mine out waiting for the dealer to get bulbs, i just hooked everything back up and rested it back in there. it was fine. a little loose when pulling out buttons from the front, but otherwise it stayed in there. i left the hazard/defogger buttons hanging out their holes so as to avoid re-pulling them when the bulbs came, but even so the whole unit stayed put and wouldn't rattle or anything WITHOUT those mounting screws. not the best solution, but reasonable, and free.

#9 ·
Repaired mine with epoxy

I damaged the fiberglass support behind the climate control center on my 95 GSR and repaired it with sheet aluminum and JB weld epoxy.
The attached pics show what the broken part looked like before and after the repair. I could not get my fingers behind the bracket to apply a support so I first glued the broken part back in place with epoxy, and then cut a piece of sheet aluminum to epoxy on the front face. If you make your own similar repair, be careful to make the width of the bracket the same as the fiberglass piece. You need about 3/16 of an inch between the bracket and the A/C duct on top, and bottom is where the hazard and defrost wires run thru so don't make it extend beyond those barriers. Also mine measured about 1/8 inch between the fiberglass support and the back of the climate mount bracket when installed, so you don't have much room for a thick piece of aluminum. I used an old license plate and it worked great. My fiberglass bracket had a bunch of resin all over it, so I cleaned it with lacquer thinner and sanded with 220 sandpaper to provide a better bonding surface.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.