Team Integra Forums banner

oil light keeps turning on

8K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Blackaddr 
#1 ·
hey guys i have a 95 ls with a 90 ls engine in it and evetime i make a hard left the oil light flashes and then it turns off sometimes, it has oil ! what could it be guys? thanks

#5 ·
95ls666 on Jun/26/05 said:
hey guys i have a 95 ls with a 90 ls engine in it and evetime i make a hard left the oil light flashes and then it turns off sometimes, it has oil ! what could it be guys? thanks
That light will come on if the pressure sensor switch detects low pressure, or the sensor is faulty.

The fact it happens when you turn left, it sounds like oil is rushing away from teh oil pump pickup and you're oil starving the engine. I'm not sure off hand whether the oil generally moves towards or away from the pickup when turning left on that engine.

Second possibility is you have an faulty switch. Perhaps a wire is damaged and when turned left the wire is shorting, etc.

I assume your maintainence has been up to date, the oil and filter are changed regularly, and you have no oil leaks.

Last possibility I can think of is your oil pump is starting to fail.

#12 ·
If you guys dont understand this, there is something wrong, hopefully this clears all this bs up..

The low oil pressure indicator light works in two ways: it flashes continuously following a momentary loss of engine oil pressure, or it comes oN and stays oN with a complete loss of engine oil pressure.

When the engine first starts, before its oil pressure rises above 4.3 psi , voltage is applied to the closed and grounded engine oil pressure switch and the light comes oN to test the bulb.

With the engine running, voltage is applied at the WHT/BLU wire of the integrated control unit. With normal engine oil pressure, the engine oil pressure switch is open and the low oil pressure indicator light does not come oN. If the engine oil pressure switch closes momentarily (more than 0.5 seconds ) but then opens again, the YEL/RED wire at the integrated control unit will sense ground through the switch. The integrated control unit will then provide and remove ground for the low oil pressure indicator light through the YEL/RED wire. The light will flash oN and OFF until you turn the ignition switch OFF. The flashing feature will not work until 30 seconds after initial voltage is applied to the WHT/BLU wire of the oil pressure indicator flasher circuit. This delay keeps the low oil pressure indicator light from coming oN during engine warmup.

If engine oil pressure falls below 4.3 psi and does not increase, the engine oil pressure switch will stay closed. The low oil pressure indicator light will then come oN and stay oN.

#14 ·
You still need to figure out why your oil pressure keeps going low, the fact that it came back up means that you haven't seized it......yet......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.