Shift Lock Release (Automatic Trans) - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2004, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My car will not let me shift out of Park (while having the break to the floor) UNLESS i put my key in the shift lock release button? What could be my problem?
TruKru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2004, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

faulty shift lock solenoid would be my first guess...there is a little solenoid (elecromagnetic device) in you center console that moves a plastic locking tab out of position when the BRAKE is depressed...it is the little thing you hear go 'click' when you press the brake while in park. if you have a multimeter or even a test light you should first check the wires going to it for 12V, could be a loose harness
Old 08-09-2004, 03:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Well I found out what it was. My throttle body had to be adjusted. Since I just added a 70MM Throttle body. I am back and running.
TruKru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2004, 03:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

hmmm...that can be a security feature...
JD97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2004, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Articles: 11
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Your transmission cable is sized, broken, loose or defected. I had this problem 4 days ago with my 92 g2 automatic.

Basically i couldn't put it into Park, and it stays in R (eventho the stick position is in P), so when i thought its in P, it actually start to goes backward!!! And i had to use the key to release the lock and leave it at N and pull the handbrake...

Anyhow, just fixed it yesterday, and damn, the shift is sooo smooth now, is like brane new!! I took it to the dealer to fix it because garages i checked said they don't wanna touch anything related to tranny... dealer charged me about 375$ (tax, labor and part included), that is CANADIAN DOLLARS.

The cable is about a thumb size thick, so i think that alone would probably cost like 150$ maybe 150$ labor...

Check that out first, i highly think is your tranny cable.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

I am having a similar problem with my 95. I cant take my car out of P without putting a key in the shift lock release. It is also affecting my brake lights. The parking lights work but the brake lights wont light up at all. I put a test light on the wire running to the solenoid and it lights up. one guy told me it could be the neutral safety switch or the brakelight switch. I dont know what to do. Also, I think I have a short or i blew a fuse because now my parking lights dont work at all...only my signals. Any ideas guys?
Diggahman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List