Only one cooling fan on radiator will work or no? - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sr1239

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Only one cooling fan on radiator will work or no?

My OEM radiator has a leak. $310 for a new OEM one or I was thinking about getting an after market one. The thing is that I want to keep my stock fans and fan shroud, but it looks like no aftermarket radiator will allow you to do that. The Skunk2 one says that it will keep the stock fan but it only seems to be the main fan, not the a/c fan. So my question is, would it be ok to just have the one fan on the radiator? I live in Texas with extreme heat plus will be running the a/c most of the time, so I really need to know if this would work? Anyone have experience with a Skunk2 radiator and only have one fan plus using a/c? Opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 09:37 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
If you live in extreme heat, you'll want to keep both fans. Only one fan works with the A/C off. The other doesn't kick on until you turn on your A/C.

Are you looking at performance radiator replacements, or replacing with an OEM type radiator? Any OEM type radiator will allow you to keep both OEM fans and OEM fan shrouds. If it's a performance replacement, they're usually a thicker core type, which has clearance issues in front of your exhaust manifold. That's why they usually say that you can't keep the A/C fan and/or shroud.

770whp/500wtq @31psi E85

2013 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner
2011 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner

2010 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Class Winner
2009 Carlisle P&S 2nd Place Acura Class Winner
2007 Tuner-Evolution 1st Place Acura Class Winner

Click Me: Check Out My Build Thread - From Stock to 770WHP
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

I was thinking of getting an aftermarket/performance radiator just cause they are cheaper than an OEM one. Although, I want to keep both fans. So it looks like I may just have to go OEM if I want to keep my stock fans and fan shroud :/ At this point I'm looking at my options here and trying to decide if I should go OEM or go with an aftermarket radiator.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 11:03 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I recently put in an aluminum Koyo radiator and it allows you to mount both stock fans just like OEM. I got it here from Evasive Motorsports for only $226, free shipping included.

Edit: Also I forgot to mention, you will need to get the Koyo radiator cap ($30) since our stock one doesn't fit this radiator.

Evasive Motorsports - Aluminum Koyo Radiator

Last edited by IntegraCF21; 06-11-2017 at 11:07 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 06:12 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr1239 View Post
I was thinking of getting an aftermarket/performance radiator just cause they are cheaper than an OEM one. Although, I want to keep both fans. So it looks like I may just have to go OEM if I want to keep my stock fans and fan shroud :/ At this point I'm looking at my options here and trying to decide if I should go OEM or go with an aftermarket radiator.
An OEM style radiator with a decent warranty will run you $52+ at RockAuto.com. I just took a look on their website.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Thank you guys, this helps!
jjkz24 likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 06:14 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Some aluminum radiator won't be able to fit (2) OEM fans due to the header in the way. This is required going aftermarket slim fans. On my set up I have a Fluidyne Aluminum radiator with (1) OEM fan running because I can't fit the other fan in there due to the clearance of my JDM ITR 4-1 header. I know for a fact I can fit slim fans.

I'm running (1) fan since 2004 and I still have A/C.

Under 2 more years left. I can apply for Historic Tags for my GS/VTEC Automatic and no more SMOG

Last edited by phatintegra; 06-13-2017 at 06:18 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM

Articles: 11
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I've been running half size triple core with 1 fan with no problem for years, however my OEM headshield came off, and now it would creep up to 239F (and stays there) if I am stuck in traffic and CEL would turn on. Otherwise is fine, it never goes over 241F.

[b]- WTB G2 hood cable, G3 billet ps, alt, & ac pulley - My running log - My FS thread: NGK, Hub ring, G2 Neuspeed 4pts, etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page