Parts in Canada...VENT - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By teg1992

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Parts in Canada...VENT

Why? Why?

Why does a $10 part in the states end up costing me $50, and that's freaking US$ not even CDN.

I need a gasket for my manifold, where it connects to the first pipe (A Pipe?). The typical gaskets keep blowing, so I come upon the Percy's 66017, or SCE 9400.

6 Weeks wait and 65 bucks. From the local high performance guys. And I bet they are just ordering from Jegs who are about the same. I just can't do it. How am I going to rationalize this???

Wish I could just pop across the border, but I'm on Vancouver Island.

Sucks!!

Chay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Figured out a work around. Removed the header and pipe as one, and tig welded the two together. It was surprisingly easy to get the header down through the space between the engine and rad.

Still pissed. Guess that's the price of living in paradise though. Time for a beer.

Chay
dpaton likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Nice fix.

I usually unbolt mine from the cat first, then from the head, and drop it down with the car jacked up nice and high.

RockAuto won't ship to the great white north? I swear they used to...

My FS thread

95 EJ1 Milano RIP/died/sold -> 98 DB7 CSM RIP/totalled -> 97 DB7 CSM Awful. Sold it back. -> 01 DB8 YR525M RIP/totalled -> 06 Civic LX <log offsite>

Integra friends are the best friends.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 08:45 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaton View Post
Nice fix.

I usually unbolt mine from the cat first, then from the head, and drop it down with the car jacked up nice and high.

RockAuto won't ship to the great white north? I swear they used to...

they do, but the shipping cost across the border is hilariously expensive. Don't get me started on companies that only ship via UPS. I've had to pay $50 duty on an item that costed $65

Last edited by dark_reverie; 05-14-2016 at 01:32 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 04:38 AM

Garage
Have you guys tried autopartsway.ca bought hatch struts from them didn't have any problems with them
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 01:14 PM

Not nearly as bad as getting a replacement alternator for a g3 here. My local Acura dealership quoted 900 bucks for a replacement. Got one from Canadian tire for $300, the problem is that they're nearly impossible to find online, because for some reason the Canadian make Integras have a 3 pin alternator instead of a 4 pin.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 01:31 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by neinmann57 View Post
Not nearly as bad as getting a replacement alternator for a g3 here. My local Acura dealership quoted 900 bucks for a replacement. Got one from Canadian tire for $300, the problem is that they're nearly impossible to find online, because for some reason the Canadian make Integras have a 3 pin alternator instead of a 4 pin.
I just quoted a alternator for my CRV. they wanted $500 and has to be special order out of Calgary...when the car is down right meow. Called local parts store for a $200 ACDelco...about on par from Rock Auto
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 11:18 PM

There is a very easy solution to this:

mail forwarding. you can ship to some companies that will be happy to repack and ship the goods to you, they cost 20-60 bucks depending on the size of the package... some can even change the declared value on the item. with free shipping to lover 48 this is very reasonable to pay 20-60 shipping charge if it saves you the 200-400% price difference.

and yes remember to either prepay duty tax, or clear the item on the local airport, or just ask the company to ship as gift... (no $50 custom officer surcharge)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page