Team Integra Forums banner

Integra dc2 engine swap with Prelude as Donor

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  50psiboostintegra 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just turned 18 and I am looking to buying my first car I currently have 7.5k AUD saved up but I wanted to start with a project car, I have got a uncle who is a mechanic and has restored and rebuilt several cars. There are several Integra Dc2 gsi for about $ 1000 to 1500 which have lots of km's but I want to swap the engine anyways, my main goal is to reach 220hp n/a and later boost it to 270 ~ 280whp. I want to buy a donor Prelude VTIR and swap the engine.
Hence I wanted to clarify would this be enough and would it work :

Car- 1994 Integra Dc2 $ 1000
Donor car- Prelude $ 1500
Conversion kit with engine mounts- $ 300
Wheels - 650
Seats- 400
Engineering certificate for engine swap- $ 600
JDM front end- $ 1000
Other bits ie transmission and other costs- $ 1500
Roll cage- $ 800

Please be kind i am a noob and new to cars so guide me :biggrin: :driving: :popcorn:

See less See more
#2 ·
Instead of swapping over to the Prelude motor why not build the Integra motor? With some upgraded internals and a VTEC head your goals can be met without the confusion of swapping motors. You will also have a freshly rebuilt motor compared to another used one with a ton of miles on it.

If your goal is only 270-280 when boosted you dont really need to do much to the motor to meet that goal.

#5 ·
You should not daily with a roll cage, requires helmet harness pads seats and harness. Look into a roll bar instead. B18b engines are solid for boost, you most likely wont hit 200 whp na but it will hold the hp goal you are trying to reach when boosted to well. If you are going to boost it I would not swap it. Check your compression, just get some arp head studs, walbro 255, change fuel filter,adjustable fuel press regulator, do the timing belt while you are in there and get a solid tune. You could do a full build on a second b18b with the internals, head studs, arp mains and rod bolts and bearings then swap it in later.

#7 ·
I would just keep the b18b semi build it and fully build a spare b18b on the side. With the money saved you can buy a larger throttle body and aftermarket intake manifold ( this will give you more intake volume to alow you to flow more compressed air), you can get thermal wrap for the turbo manifold and downpipe( this will lower underhood temps, spool up the turbo a bit faster and help keep the oil pan cooler to allow the oil to lubriate better and thin out/degrade slower with the lower radiant heat to the pan) and you can get some gold thermal tape for the charge pipe to keep some heat out. All of his will cost less than the donor car and will make a big difference. The choise of the turbo is up to you but run a max of 10lb boost. I would check the compression if its good I would just get some Arp head studs to prevent you from lifting the head, throttle body, intake manifold, rod bolts and bearings an you should be good for 250-280 hp.

Port the head on the second one and the rest is up to you.

Can we get a turbo expert in here to help this guy to choose a good turbo for his build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.