Team Integra Forums banner

Trying to remove front bumper for new headlight assembly's ...

759 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jjkz24 
#1 ·
Hello all. I am trying to remove front bumper for new headlight assembly's ... I already found the "how to guide" in terms of locations of all the screws and 10MM bolts to remove. 10MM bolts were easy .. now, I am having a problem with the "phillips head screw-head" screws on the top of the gasket lip. I suspect they were removed several times in the past, and appear to be rusted in or stripped JUST GREAT! I do not own an impact wrench so I can't try that.

That was a stupid decision by Honda to use phillips head screws there, very poor judgement I think. Ugh, anyways, planning on possibly using an EZ-OUT and get the darn things out. Even after soaking in penetrating oil, only one came loose, and that's with trying extremely carefully even to use vice grips on the very thing "lip" of the bolt head. If anyone has any tips, please let me know. It seems there is not "NUT" underneath? If so, I can't feel it or find it; so I think it's just the screw-thing.

I am trying to locate the part # on Parts.com of the "black screws"; only thing I can seemingly find is the 10MM bolt.

Does anyone know the part number for the phillips head "screws"? I found the part number for the lower gasket and that is about $60 for that piece of rubber! Ugh.

Thanks for any input guys and gals, I appreciate any input!

-Dave

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.