Team Integra Forums banner

B20B timing belt/water pump questions

16K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  RollinWOT 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I just picked up a '94 Integra with a B20B swap. I have no idea what year the B20B came out of, but I'd like to do a timing belt job for the peace of mind. I was curious if all the B20Bs have identical timing belt/water pump styles or if there are differences. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

#5 ·
Ok, I don't doubt your knowledge, but I just want to make 100% absolutely sure before I buy and put it on only to find out it was the wrong one. Gates' lists 2 different p/n applications but include the same exact stuff. The block stamping reads "B20B 3067782 HM". Any B18A/B B20B/Z belt will fit? How about the water pumps, gaskets, and tensioners? Are they all the same? Thanks!

#13 ·
Ok, so my timing belt and water pump issue has been solved, but my radiator fans are not coming on and the upper radiator hose was a little fat and the lower hose was cold. My immediate thought was the thermostat was stuck closed. I replaced the thermostat, and the same thing happened. No cooling fans kick on, temp sensor reads normal operating temp, lower hose is cool, and the upper is hot. Any ideas what could be causing this?

#15 ·
Only one fuse underhood was burned, but I don't know what it controlled, because there isn't a schematic on the fuse cover. It was at the rear on the fusebox, 7.5 amp rating, in the middle. Replaced, turned the car on and let it idle, but still no fans. The lower hose finally got hot, but after a long time, then I noticed white smoke coming from the tailpipe. Telltale head gasket/cracked head indicator. No cooling fans probably took out the gasket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.