Team Integra Forums banner

Integra Clock Pod

6K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  dark_reverie 
#1 ·
This doesnt look to be as good as the original clock pod, but i was wondering if anyone has used this one or has a picture of it installed in their car? Doesn't look terrible standing by itself, but i'd like to see what it looks like installed.

94 01 Acura Integra Dual Gauge Pod 52mm OEM Clock Trim | eBay

I dont like that it doesnt have the "shroud" around the top portion of the gauge like the original one has, but this looks somewhat comparable.

#2 ·
It's a one-off, done well, but with body filler and texture paint to cover up the fabrication work. If you look at some of the other stuff in his ebay store, there's holes that look like rodents chewed them.

It's pretty obviously a one man shop. That doesn't mean it's bad, but I'd have a hard time shelling out a benji for work that I can do (better) in my garage in a weekend for $15. Yes, his time is probably worth it, but I don't think the product is differentiated enough to make me want to buy it.

Attachments

#4 ·
Note those are the back side, where no one will see anything once it's installed. The fronts are all very nicely painted and finished.

That said, yeah, not something I want to spend that much on.

#16 ·
i was toying with the idea of doing a wrap myself. i decided not to just because i did not trust myself trying to make the wrap look clean around that contoured front lip above the gauges. i knew i wouldnt be able to cleanly wrap around the gauges and i couldnt find a good place to stop the wrap so it flowed in with the rest of the pod, so i called it quits right there lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.