-=Your favorite Cheap/Easy Mods=- - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm one who wants to make my car perform better than stock, but i don't have much money.
I was looking for suggestions on Cheap and Easy modifications that you have done to your car which work and improve the performance and overall drivability of the G3 Integras.
Please state wether the mod is for Ls/Rs/Gs/GSR/ITR or all ,so those of us with different cars won't get confused.
Thank you for your comments/suggestions.

Mods-don't include oil change, oil filter change or anything under basic maintanance, just stuff thats been modified.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:31 PM

Articles: 3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Read the articles and common topics.

Carpe Noctem. OBD2 Manual LS ECU - $75 Kicker L7 12" in sealed box - $225
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Cheap and performance don't belong in the same sentence.

2012 Mitsubishi Evolution X - 355 awhp / 350 awtq. Stock Turbo
2015 Lexus NX200T - Wife's Daily
2004 Honda Accord EX-L - Daily

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

yes. i understand what you say, i have looked , but i have found nothing on how to cut your a/c belt or how to remove the a/c in entirety.

this post is for those like me who have looked and not found much and would like to hear from other G3 owners first hand which mods work and which don't.
I can type AND read and if you dont like what the post topic is don't respond because telling me to read is not an answer to any of my questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Klemgold on Jul/08/03
Cheap and performance don't belong in the same sentence.
well cutting an a/c belt is rather cheap, and freed HP helps add performance to your car. wow same sentence.
if you dont agree with this post then don't respond because im not asking you for help if you just want to throw your negative opinions at me.ok.cool.

anyone else that wants to make suggestions?
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:35 PM

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
lol..well, if ur looking for improving drivability..check out the 'g3 common teg problems' thread, got some nice problems and answers going..

click

EDIT: oops, pasted wrong thing..link works now

[size=2]RED 1999 ACURA INTEGRA GSR STOLEN -- CHICAGO 02/27/08 VIN JH4DC2391XS002416 PLATE ILLINOIS 5287412 Team Integra Markings on Rear Quarterpanel Windows REPORT TO 911 IF FOUND[/font]
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:36 PM

Link

Link

There are more threads than that, just search.

Comes down to:

Advance Timing to 18deg

Remove AC PS

Remove weight

I modded my intake system using all stock tubing and the air horn off the resonator to give me a stock approximation of the Comptech Icebox. Too bad my filter box is still stock though, I want to swap in a legend box if I ever get the chance. That is a whole other thread already though, and I can't say if it actually makes power or not, just something I though was fun to try.

There are probably a few more I'm not thiking of but just search around...

I never let my schooling interfere with my education---M. Twain
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:37 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If your gonna mod you have to go big!

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:38 PM

advance timing
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:38 PM

How to remove power steering

I don't think it is really a good idea to remove the AC, I mean you can just turn it off. Unless you are really hardcore I don't think it is going to be worth the effort.

And sorry but this site is a little different than the other Honda boards if you haven't noticed. Telling you to read something actually does answer your question because that is where the solutions are.

People on here get pretty tired of typing out the same answers over and over again, so they usually just ask you to read something that already answeres your questions.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri2003 on Jul/08/03
If your gonna mod you have to go big!
Big how? What is that comment even in regards to?
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:39 PM

As mentioned, AC and power steering, you shouldn't need a guide to take scissors to a belt...

Remove sound deadening material. I believe there is a whole article on this... if not, just search for sound deadening.

There is an article on advancing the timing, as well as one on building your own intake.

Common sense dictates that there is no free way to gain massive horsepower, and the minor mods are already accesible. Don't tell me that reading isn't the answer to your question when it is all spelled out for you already.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

haha. why do so many people want to clown on cheap modifications that make cars better?

I'm just asking.i mean hibiddy hoo BLAH.
Some of us are stoopid unlike everyone who is not wanting to help me figure out things i can do to my car for little money. little meaning Free-$200 or so. im not that cheap. im not asking anyone HOW they did their mods and WHERE i can find articles. Im asking what your favorite cheap/easy modifications are and if you reccomend them. If i wanted links and articles i would have asked for links and articles.

I just want suggestions,,,example "hey adteg94ls, i think you should get strut bars, they are CHEAP and help stiffen the frame of your car and they are EASY to put on."
see. thats it. thats the kind of answers im looking for.

thank you.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:55 PM

Hey, ADteg94LS, I think you should learn how to make cars fast, decide what you want to do with your car, and then proceed from there.

You really aren't going to drastically change anything with $200, but it is a start. Figure out what you expect from you car and go from there. I'm not going to sit here and butt heads with you, so I'm done trying to help.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 09:56 PM

The thing is, you are not going to get immense power gains by going cheap. If you want the best bang for your buck, go with Nitrous oxide. As for suspension, the ITR rear sway bar is the cheapest thing that will improve your handling.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page