Team Integra Forums banner

Advice on "brake and lamp inspect" and "chp inspect"

947 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  _Crono_ 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay so long story short i got rear ended on driver side. I kept the car and now need to register as salvage. It dented my trunk, bumper filler (part in between trunk/bumper) and crack my driver tail light. 1995 GS-R 2dr

So, i got a bumper filler from pick n pull, lucky it was red too.

Replaced my tail light with an extra one i had laying around.
All my lights and bulbs work now, had an issue with one and it was just blown.

My ABS light stays on although, will that affect the brake and lamp inspection?
it was going out and i didnt want to repair it cause of cost. I was thinking of taking out the bulb for it but not sure if they will notice.

Now for chp inspection.
My car was originally a 95 and i had converted it to 98-01 front and rear bumpers. I bought them off craigslist, will this affect the inspection? Is there VIN's on the bumper?

Car is lowered on tein s springs, will this affect it?

Small oil leak from i believe the vtec solenoid. But havent replaced.

ABS light is on as well and will this affect the inspection?

Any help or advice would help alot. My inspection date is Nov. 18th and im planning to go get my brake and lamp inspection wensday or thursday.

Edit: forgot to mention my car didnt come with a stock spoiler with the 3rd brake light. Now it has a OEM type r spoiler, will this affect the brake an lamp inspection?

See less See more
#2 ·
Not really sure about the other questions you have. But all of our body panels come with a VIN sticker on them. Unless of course they were removed by the previous owner. If you buy a new one from Honda it normally comes with an "R" on it which stands for "Replacement Part" in place of the VIN sticker.

If you still have your old bumpers, just throw them back on for the inspection. TBH, I doubt they will even check lol. But better safe than sorry.

#4 ·
Cosmetic pieces like bumper covers are rarely inspected for VINs in the states I've been to. Especially since they're factory parts, just not from your car. Should be no issue.

CHP will probably try and run a scanner report on it, and even if you pull the ABS bulb, they'll see the trouble code (assuming they can scan OBD1, which they probably can, since they're CHP). You may or may not have to fix it for approval, but I'd bet on you needing to fix it, as ABS was a factory safety system in that year on your trim level.

#6 ·
Jack your coilovers up. Minimum headlamp center height is enforced in a lot of states.

Read your ABS codes and get it fixed. Jump the SCS connector and count flashes. Or take it to a dealer and pay the $ for a diagnostic report.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.