Team Integra Forums banner

No voltage at fuel pump (pump not priming)

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Burn_Down 
#1 ·
For the past week my 96 RS wont start. Always crank but not firing up.

Car: 96 Rs / 00 ITR engine

Friday: car wouldnt start after a 45 min drive. Waited about an hour or so then fired up normaly.

Saturday: Car died at a stop sign, didnt want to start anymore, then started normaly after I pushed it out of the way so other cars could pass..... -_-

Sunday: Car wont start, Turn over but Relay dont click, Fuel pump dont prime, Front wiper not working anymore, everything else is good.

Yesterday: Came back from work it was raining all day the car was outside i decided to try to start it. Relay clicked, Pump primed, Fired up normaly.... I let it warm up put the heater on for about 20 min at feet position. Stop it. Try to start again, No click from 2 different Main relay ( one was in the house so I dont think the heat was the cause for the relay to stop working )

Since then: Changed main relay with another OEM, no click
-Cheked all grounds in the engine bay. Changed valve cover, tranny, Thermostat ground with 4 gauge ( old ones needed replacement ) Cleaned the battery ground / poles.
- Cheked all fuses under dash and under hood with MultiMeter
- Tested Ignition coil and ICM with multimeter all good.
- Cleaned Ignition Switch
- Opened ECU to visual chek componants (P72 / Hondata S200) nothing burn or any trace of water or dirt or anything.

What I found : No voltage at the fuel pump. Both Main Relay now click two time (When first one clicked I switched to the other one to see if both where working.) but fuel pump still not priming. Chek engine light stay on after the two click.

What else could i check? Im at total lost as to why there is no voltage at the pump and as to why it start when it rain....and why did the front wiper die at the same time wtf do they have in common. lol

Tomorow i will make sure the fuel pump realy work, but im pretty sure its not dead all the readings on my AFR gauge where alright before it died and when it started back after that.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Sry for the long thread but im trying to give as much info as possible.

See less See more
#2 ·
I had a VERY similar problem a few months back. I drove my car into the garage, came back and no start just a clicking from the relays under the dash, and the pump wouldn't prime. I ended up doin and checking all sorts of crap and ended up spending 250 changing what i thought the problem was, when in my case it ended up being the ground from the battery to the chassis the wire had alot of corrosion on one end, cut it back to a piece of fresh copper and the ****in ***** fired up and still has been since the day I fixed her........good luck with the problem

#4 ·
Today I tested the relay and relay harness, tryed a friend ECU, and jumped the fuel pump.

As i first arrived to the car main relay did not click anymore.... was clicking last night and didnt touch anything since....

So i first jumped a wire to the fuel pump in the Main Relay harness. Pump primed instantly. So the fuel pump is good and so is the wiring to it.

Then tested the whole harness.

Relay removed
Black:Ground tested good.
Yellow/White: +12 with car off
Black/yellow: +12 with ignition on

Relay back in
Yellow/Black +12 With ignition on
Yellow/Green +12 and stay on ( this should close as the fuel pump stop priming) I assume the reason it stay on is because the fuel pump is not building any pressure so it dosnt tell it to stop sending current? Or I could be wrong.

Enlighten me on this pls.

Swapped my ECU with my roomate P72 still no clicking no fuel pump priming.

I tested with the test light all the wires on the back of the Ignition switch with key in pos II: all good, ground good.

Double cheked all fuses just in case: Underhood and underdash all fine.

Cheked for spark and no spark.... Disconnected the distributor and cheked the connector for voltage and its good so its getting there. The distributor was OBD1 (car obd2A) so connector was cut and soldered an obd2a connector (done by the mecanic who swapped my engine) Tomorow i will take it appart again to make sure it getting voltage inside to the ICM and hopefully that will be the problem. Im getting tired of this mindfuck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.