Team Integra Forums banner

oil light

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Matt_Of_MI 
#1 ·
I had the same problem. Within some time I couldnt clutch anymore. I bought a new one and my mechanic installed it in less than half hour. Problem solved.

#4 ·
94OBD1Vtec on May/22/03 said:
cutch? because of the oil light???
<-----confused!
Same here. on top of that, there's nobody I know of that installs a clutch into an Integra in less than 30 minutes. Hell, that's faster than most pizza delivery.

#6 ·
The oil light flashes when the oil PRESSURE momentarily drops below 4.3 PSI and will continue to flash until the ignition is turned off. If the oil pressure stays below 4.3 PSI, the light will be constantly illuminated. Low oil pressure will certainly prevent the VTEC from engaging. Since you stated your VTEC is also not working, I imagine the oil pressure is indeed the problem. The low oil pressure indicating circuit is operating properly. Check the oil pressure ASAP. I would not even start the car until then. Have the car towed if someone else will be checking this.

#7 ·
i know if you use the vtec alot some times the light comes on b/c the oil pump has a hard time keeping up the pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.