Are the ebay halo headlights any good? - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 04:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Model: Ls
Year: 1995
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Are the ebay halo headlights any good?

i got into a minor fender bender and broke the tabs on my oem headlights, so been looking online and on ebay you can get a set of halo style headlight set with amber turnsignals for less than $150.

wondering if anybody has any experience with them and/or know if they are worth getting on not?
dcparg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

They're junk I bought a set to mock up my HID tsx retro fit before i cut my oems apart. if your getting them just to get by then they're ok. They're made in taiwan and are have stamped steel internal parts, kinda of flimsy. sometimes they dont hold adjustment either, where as the oems are made by koito and have a cast aluminum structure and the plastic pieces are really durable and hold alignment well. I'd just find a good set of used oems.
NICKITR1058 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Model: JDM Teggeh
Year: 99
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

I had a set of them on the car when I bought it, they lasted 2 years+however long they had been on the car (definitely weren't new when I got the car) and I never had any issues with adjustment or anything mentioned above. And if you don't like the halos and want to look closer to oem, you can just not wire in the halos. If you are on a budget and need to get moving go for it, they work fine and get the job done. Only reason they aren't still on my teg is cuz I went jdm front, I sold my set to a kit w the front end and as far as I know they're still working fine.

echelonwarrior: i love how you just go down the highway at 100 sticking out of the sunroof shirtless

Every time matt works on my car he hands me a few bolts and tells me "here, you didnt need these" and sometimes his clutch foot doesnt work properly

Mutt's Log
mutt8588 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

Model: Turbo GSR
Year: '97
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

I have had some for like 5 years but my car doesn't see the road much. I don't really have any complaints for the price i paid. I just didn't wire the halo's so they look like regular headlights. IMO you can't beat them for the price.

750whp GSR build thread
How to Install an LSD
Brotato Racing - Best E.T. 10.6 @ 140mph
luck4rmkc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Model: Integra LS
Year: 2001
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

halo bulbs
20LS01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Model: Integra LS
Year: '98
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

The light output is garbage on most of them and mine yellowed after 4 months
Old 07-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 14 reviews

$150!?!? That's more then u would pay for used oem headlight considering u still rocking the 94-97 front end. Why get he crappy aftermarket lights?

My running Log
MKZAcura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Model: BG33-P Integra GSR
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

I have a set of them on my car. Got them on eBay, I forget through what seller. Some brands are better than others. What I like about them is the lenses are clear. They look really clean compared to OEM with the lines running through the lenses. I dislike the fact that the parts are not OEM quality.. the cut-off is terrible - mine have a U shaped cutoff instead of a strait line.. and the back of the headlight where the bulb goes into the housing is just a soft rubber cup instead of a sealed plug like the OEM assembly, making it very prone to fogging.. the connections are not too great, after a couple years one of the wires going to the bulbs has loosened up and cuts out sometimes going over a bump leaving me with one headlight out - easy fix though, just have to re-wire the connection.. after a few years the halo's have burnt out..

I've had no problem with yellowing, they lenses are still clear as crystal. Bottom line, yes they will get you by. No they don't have the same quality as factory. The reason I keep mine is that I prefer the look of the clear lenses and I must say angel eyes look sweet at night on a bug eye Integra.

Thunder Bay Automotive Enthusiast Club

|1995GSR|Koni|Tein|Omni|Benen|ASR|BFG|AEM|K&N|
too_cool_3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 26 reviews

oem's are way cheaper than new crap halors (intentional misspelling)

I bought both my 98-01 headlights for $100
then broke one, and bought a depo one for $30

craigslist is your friend and car-part.com works also

1994 DC4 Slow Drag Build
Testing & Tuning | 626WHP @ 28PSI | 12.738 @ 126.35
stillhere153 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Model: R Powered GS-R
Year: 1996

Just get OEM. OEM 94-97 headlights are dirt cheap I bought an extra set just for my HID retrofit for $40
Old 07-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Model: Ls

well then i believe you guys convinced me to stick with the oem lights.
dcparg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Model: 94 DB8
Year: 1994

I have a set on my Integra as well. I like the halo glow they give off at night. I bought the clear white led color and they compliment my white frost DB8. I do have to agree that the build quality isnt the best. The adjustment on my passenger side does drop after I hit a few bumps. And where the bulbs go in there is only the rubber cap that keeps coming off. But overall I do like the clear non foggy look and glow. I do get a lot of compliments by people all the time so thats why I kept them. I also just added one of those LED strips right above my turn signals and they look great at night with the halo's.

You can check them out on my profile pic. In the pic they look like a blue glow but theyre really white

Last edited by SpeedDemon89; 07-21-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: added a comment
SpeedDemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

Model: SE automatic
Year: 96
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

they are made cheaper than stock but i havent had any probs with them...i even took mine apart and changed the color of the ring ........good for customazation or rice as the haters say it........but do what cha do......resealed them.......still looking good......i'll prolly put em back on the car soon....good luck deciding
optimalbeing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

Year: 1999

If anyone has read my ~adventures~ with my 99, you know now that NOTHING surprises me. My headlights were duct taped together, one has numerous pieces rattling around inside. The halos I got seemed to actually fit well. Good news are my lenses are fine (98+), but housings are trashed. Am I correct , that the housings are the same, only the lenses are different? At any rate, they must be better than what I had. If I can find a set of 94-97 ones, I can bake them and put my good lenses on. But for right now, they'll have to do.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.