OEM motor mounts vs aftermarket stock replacement? - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default OEM motor mounts vs aftermarket stock replacement?

I searched and could only find after market performance motor mounts.

I'm trying to replace the lower drive side mount and Acura of Peoria has it for $47 and local is 80. I was wondering how an oreilly's one for example would do and if they are just as good, what brand of aftermarket is preferred (advance auto, napa, autozone, oreilly's).

With that motor mount, it's pretty easy to tell if it's bad (the connector parts to the middle are torn). On the top left and right mounts and rear, what is the easiest way to determine? They don't look torn, and i figure since i have the motor out, it would be cake to replace.

Thanks
aznattic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Model: The 'L' train
Articles: 3
Feedback Score: 35 reviews

Functionally the aftermarket OEM style ones are the same. Sometimes you run into a little more difficulty with fitment but it depends.

Last edited by MeltMan; 06-18-2012 at 10:51 AM.
MeltMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 26 reviews

guessing your are talking about the lower compliance/torque mounts
if so I would pick up a hardrace pair ~$80, eBay "billet" $85 shipped, or avid ~$100 + ship

1994 DC4 Slow Drag Build
Testing & Tuning | 626WHP @ 28PSI | 12.738 @ 126.35
stillhere153 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltMan View Post
Functionally the aftermarket OEM style ones are the same. Sometimes you run into a little more difficulty with fitment but it depends.
That's what i'm concerned about. Recently changed an Accord's CV joints, from advance auto, didnt go into the transmission all the way. Picked up a pair at oreillys, went in as soon as i pushed slightly. Quality control is what im after.

Those hardrace look interesting. Any reviews on those in our car?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Model: Type R
Year: 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznattic View Post
Those hardrace look interesting. Any reviews on those in our car?
The hardrace bushing/mounts are good. I've never heard a complaint about them in the ITR crowd who are weekend/road course cars.
citrus3000psi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Why not just get aftermarket performance ones and replace all 3. Sure you will get more vibration but you will have peace in mind knowing you have good mounts, not to mention you get a lifetime warranty. I just ordered me some innovative 75a's
NEEK94LS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 26 reviews

^he's talking about the lower mounts
stillhere153 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillhere153 View Post
^he's talking about the lower mounts
Ooooo I should read more, my bad but isn't that like a bs mount anyway, I only have 3. Both sides and the one by the firewall.
NEEK94LS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well i found out my rear mount is bad, i can't imagine changing it with the motor and transmission still in. I honestly don't want mounts that shake up the entire car. It would be horrible for a daily driver. The hardrace don't look bad, but some reviews say they shake the entire car as well.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Hardrace owners have compared the stiffness to 60a poly. But unlike poly which deforms after usage, hard rubber reform its shape after long abuse. If you are going to replace your motor mounts with performance mounts, your car will vibrate. How long depends on the stiffness. As far as I know, Hardrace and ES mounts are the least vibrating mounts compares to other name brand performance mounts. I have freshly installed Hardrace mounts and it feels just like my Innovative 60a at 10k miles.
FloppyDonut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #11 (permalink)

Model: LS AUTO
Year: 2001
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Or you could get OEM mounts for cheap from AcuraOEM parts. I have a thread where I installed ITR mounts in my LS with ES inserts. the ITR mounts are a bit stiffer but still fit exactly the same in my LS Automatic. it shakes my interior but mostly only at idle and/or with AC on. if you arent serious about performance then just get OEM ones... and actually i think that the ITR torque mounts were cheaper than the LS ones.

and yes its possible to change the rear mount in the car with engine still in it. just takes some time and wiggling.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Model: LS
Year: 1999
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

I used stock replacement Beck Arnley mounts from Rockauto.com. They've held up fine for the last year even though my engine is boosted so I'm sure they're close to OEM quality. I would stay away from the store brand mounts only because I've seen a lot of those mounts fail. Anchor motor mounts also have a very high failure rate.

Unless you want your car to feel like a tractor, I recommend staying away from the polyurethane aftermarket mounts and sticking to OEM replacements.

I think I paid a little under $100 for 2 front lower torque mounts and 1 rear engine mount from rockauto, all Beck Arnley.
Da1witskilz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

1997-2001 CR-V uses the same part#50842-ST0-N81.

It's a dollar cheaper at the local Honda dealer $66 than at the Acura dealer $67.

$15 cheaper at bernardiparts dot com in Boston, Mass.
stlcounty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

I bought the Beck Arnley rear mount from advance auto for 30 (20 off 50 coupon) but they didn't have the lower torque mounts. I seen people not use them so ill probably get the left side at another time.

The Beck Arnley looks like a beast compared to OEM. Still trying to figure out how to get a torque wrench in there to install the rear mount lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.