Ecu issues - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Ecu issues

I have a 95 integra ls, harness was originally an auto. I run the car at a few local oval tracks for the last two years. This year I decided to strip down the harness to the bare essentials and ditch all excess wiring, the cluster and the fuse panels in favor of a few inline fuses. I also ditched the stock starter relay and all wiring when I wired in a push button start. And depinned all the wires in the b plug for the auto computer.

I put power to all the wires that originally went to the fuse panel and it won't start. I followed the ecu pin outs from another site and checked every wire at the ecu for proper voltage with the key on (or ignition switch in my case) and it all checks out except for two things.

The green/black wire, pin a7 for the fuel pump is supposed to show battery voltage and I have less than one volt. It varys but never exceeds 1v. The fuel pump kicks on and never stops running. What would cause this? Shouldn't it stop after a few seconds?

Pin a19 on every diagram I have found says it should be empty or be a white wire for the intake control solenoid and should have battery voltage with the key on. In my harness it is a yellow wire that goes up to a bunch of wires that used to plug into the cluster. Anyone know what this is for?

And finally the strangest issue. I ran the codes and came up with 6 and 8. Coolant temp sensor and tdc sensor. From what I've read the car should still run with these codes. I've changed the distributor and still have the tdc code.
No matter what I do I cannot erase the codes. I have left the car overnight without a battery and could hook it up and run the codes and still get 6 and 8. I tried this ecu in my other integra and it ran it fine, so now I'm lost.
99 Crv - B20b, auto - Daily driver/Hauler
Mr_Efficiency is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

I checked my other integra which also has an auto harness and it had the yellow wire in pin a19 as well. I tested it and it had 5 volts with the key on so I tried putting 5 volts to the harness in my teg and it still doesn't start.

I have fuel (plugs are wet and smell of gas) i have 45psi of pressure and spark at every plug. I checked the cam and ignition timing and it all checks out. The engine ran before but I double checked it anyways cause I'm out of options.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Model: Integra
Year: 1991
Articles: 1

You're getting fuel, so you're getting power to the injectors. Timing is good, so the only other thing is the coil. You said you have spark, but is it blue or white spark??
91_LS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Three of them were an orange colour and one was white. I bought new plugs for it and haven't checked it since then. I'll check them all again with the new plugs right now and see what I get.

Something else I found is pin a7 for the fuel pump is supposed to have battery voltage with the key on and engine off. Mine has battery voltage with the key off and then drops to less that 1v with the key on. What's going on there?

Edit: I even did a compression test and it's 220 across the board.

Last edited by Mr_Efficiency; 02-19-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

The spark still looks weak actually, it was blue this time. Whats blue mean, lol
Old 02-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Model: Integra
Year: 1991
Articles: 1

Blue is what it should be at, its a strong spark, white is weak, and you wont get fire..
91_LS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

I took power away from the blue/white wire which is supposed to have constant battery voltages and the constant power at pin a7 went away and that pin now functions as it should, having no power until they key is on and it shows 12v.

Still doesn't start tho. I don't know if this is a wiring issue or not anymore. Everything ecu wise seems to be functioning properly as far as I can tell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List