Suggestion if you want 98 fogs... - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Model: GS
Year: 1999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

$50 shipped, just ordered mine saturday. We'll see how difficult it is to mount them.
Can't wait to recieve them!

OP, does ur kit come with the switch?! Not the UKDM that u have but the one with the kit?
Do u have a pic of how it looks? I'm thinking it looks similar if not the same as the USDM switch.
Esteban8657 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

Looking at the instructions, darn it looks like the switch will have to be bought for this in order for it to work.
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...05trimfogs.pdf
Old 02-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

Model: Sedan
Year: 1998
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

After seeing the Pilot install instructions, I looked for install instructions for actual Integra fog lights, which can be downloaded here: 98-01 Integra Fog Light Instructions.pdf

After taking a look, I'm skeptical if this will actually work, at least when it comes to the brackets. It seems like some heavy modification/fabrication would be involved to make this kit work. Whether or not it's worth the savings remains to be seen.

Edit: There's also the matter of if the clips on the harness match up to the ones on the Integra. Has anyone looked at those yet?
[CONEV8R] 10:52 pm: blowjob gasket
[CONEV8R] 10:53 pm: err.... i mean, head gasket

Last edited by ILxIntegra; 02-20-2012 at 09:42 PM.
ILxIntegra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #18 (permalink)

Model: LS
Feedback Score: 29 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban8657 View Post

OP, does ur kit come with the switch?! Not the UKDM that u have but the one with the kit?
Do u have a pic of how it looks? I'm thinking it looks similar if not the same as the USDM switch.
ukdm switch is the same as usdm switch.

very nice find, i would buy them if i had 98+ fogs.

SECURITY FIRST > BLING LATER
owning an teg is all about how much of a risk you are willing to take

XslickblacktegX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 01:42 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XslickblacktegX View Post

Ukdm fog switch goes where the dimmer is located. Usdm is located in the center console and looks totally different.

@ OP, I see what u mean...but it looks like the actual connections can be spliced. Im not too worried about the brackets, its the electrical splicing that has me a lil worried. Well if if this turns out failing at least it was only $50. But again, im pretty hopeful that with some fellow Ti electrical gurus wecan pull this off. Its worth a shot.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:24 AM   #20 (permalink)

Model: GS Type Rawr
Year: 1997
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Ukdm fog switch goes where the dimmer is located. Usdm is located in the center console and looks totally different.

@ OP, I see what u mean...but it looks like the actual connections can be spliced. Im not too worried about the brackets, its the electrical splicing that has me a lil worried. Well if if this turns out failing at least it was only $50. But again, im pretty hopeful that with some fellow Ti electrical gurus wecan pull this off. Its worth a shot.

Actually, doesn't the jdm/ukdm/audm/anything other then usdm.
Replace the Cruise control switch?

I recently just switched over from the usdm switch (in the armrest) and bought the one that belongs in the dash and put it where the dimmer switch is but ran into a couple of problems...Mainly
1.If you unplug the dimmer switch the center console will no longer light up.
--to fix this we plugged it back in behind the center console and made sure the dimmer was all the way up.
2.If you place it in the dimmer switch spot it will be upside down, and wont click when you push it.
--to fix this we noticed that we can have it go the right way but it was a little loose, so if it's tilted a little bit it fits snug in the spot, but not 100% tight like it would be if it was in the cruise control spot.
3.The wiring if you are going from your usdm switch (3 wires) to the jdm switch (5 wires)
--this was actually very easy to fix it was mostly just common sense and a little bit of searching. jdm switch has 2 black wires 2 red with black stripe wires and 1 red with a green or yellow stripe....combine the black wires, combine the red with black stripe wires and you'll have the red with green or yellow stripe and there you have your 3 that will connect to the usdm switch.

My red JDM front log.
Check out my Flickr
For Sale Thread!!!
Crad008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 04:58 AM   #21 (permalink)

It's almost 2 am in CA, I'm very sleepy and this nyquil is finally taking effect.
Just one last request for those who have 98 fogs.... Can u guys take very crisp close up pictures of the connectors please?
Reason behind this is that I might be able to purchase compatible connectors for the harness. I'm assuming the Pilot's are using different connectors.....but I'm hoping they don't. If they do I'd like to see what kind of connectors I'd need for this to work.
If any of u guys are rocking 98 fogs or have already purchased some recently and are looking at this.....PLEASE....TAKE....PICS of the connectors! Thanks!

PS- Looking through ebay, I noticed Honda Element fogs look alot like the Teg units (cheaply priced as well). Just something I noticed. Anyways, I'm going to bed
Old 02-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #22 (permalink)

Model: LS
Feedback Score: 29 reviews

Quote:

If your going to post, at least make sure your info is correct!

-the center console button is for 94-01 integra, including 94-97 si vtec fogs.

- the round circle style is for itr tegs. Its also the same fog button as jdm/ukdm. only diffrence is the wires that come out of the back. usdm switch has 3 wires,the jdm switch has 5 and ukdm has 5 wires.

- the 98+ button suppose to be located on the left where the cruise control goes. but most people who have a non itr put it on the right where the dimmer switch goes. dimmer switch must still be plug in though like stated above. ITR owners put there fog button on the left because no cruise control.
XslickblacktegX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 02:39 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
If your going to post, at least make sure your info is correct!

-the center console button is for 94-01 integra, including 94-97 si vtec fogs.

- the round circle style is for itr tegs. Its also the same fog button as jdm/ukdm. only diffrence is the wires that come out of the back. usdm switch has 3 wires,the jdm switch has 5 and ukdm has 5 wires.

- the 98+ button suppose to be located on the left where the cruise control goes. but most people who have a non itr put it on the right where the dimmer switch goes. dimmer switch must still be plug in though like stated above. ITR owners put there fog button on the left because no cruise control.
Wow really?
You wanna continue this useless quarrel over which side the switch goes?! I was originally asking the OP if he could let me know or take a pic of the foglight switch that the Pilot comes with. After doing research i found its the lever style switch that would go where the directional signals would ho. Im trying to figure this out but ur just butting in with being politically correct about switch placement.
Tell it to someone who cares. Dont go on preaching to me.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:39 AM   #24 (permalink)

Model: Sedan
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Wow really?
You wanna continue this useless quarrel over which side the switch goes?! I was originally asking the OP if he could let me know or take a pic of the foglight switch that the Pilot comes with. After doing research i found its the lever style switch that would go where the directional signals would ho. Im trying to figure this out but ur just butting in with being politically correct about switch placement.
Tell it to someone who cares. Dont go on preaching to me.
If you weren't busy being rude, you would realize that he is just trying to be helpful and provide accurate information to everyone, not just to you. He isn't trying to "butt in", "be politically correct", or "preach to you" either.

If you bothered to look, you would see he knows what he is talking about, since he is one, if not THE biggest UKDM person on the site. Try to show some respect to people who are just trying to be nice.
ILxIntegra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #25 (permalink)

Model: DB8
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Can we stop now? How many threads must I read that get hijacked over stupid arguments?

DB8 Log | FS Thread | Gallery
kecknj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #26 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 24 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by soclean View Post
I actually have a 98 and modded the older fog lights to fit my car. It looks ok but I kinda wanted to try this route. With that price, I might just have to get them to see how they would look
Nice let me know how it goes....

Quote:
Pics!!!!!
it's going to be hard...recently becoming a father, daddy time tends to take up most of my time. so when i do i definitely will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILxIntegra View Post
Well, this is something I wasn't expecting. Do let us know how the install goes, as I find myself interested in ANY differences there might be between this and the Integra kit.
I definitely will trust me.

Quote:
$50 shipped, just ordered mine saturday. We'll see how difficult it is to mount them.
Can't wait to recieve them!

good to know. the switch that comes with this kit is the turn signal adapter for the pilot. where the foglight button is incorporated into the turn signal so this is a no go for your/our cars which is why i got the ukdm switch. but i'm sure u can buy any kind of switch and use it for the kit.

Quote:
Looking at the instructions, darn it looks like the switch will have to be bought for this in order for it to work.
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...05trimfogs.pdf
yeah, but any switch that consists of on/off should work. and thanks for the pdf link. i actually like how that works better than the other's i've found. by looking at it, i feel confident that i've got it figureded out the only thing is the brackets that concern me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILxIntegra View Post
After seeing the Pilot install instructions, I looked for install instructions for actual Integra fog lights, which can be downloaded here: 98-01 Integra Fog Light Instructions.pdf

After taking a look, I'm skeptical if this will actually work, at least when it comes to the brackets. It seems like some heavy modification/fabrication would be involved to make this kit work. Whether or not it's worth the savings remains to be seen.

Edit: There's also the matter of if the clips on the harness match up to the ones on the Integra. Has anyone looked at those yet?
with the brackets yeah their will be some heavy modifications needed in order to have them fit onto the brackets that came with them but i'm sure some "L" shaped brackets from your hardware store will work fine. I mean i will be modifying the brackets and at least try to get them to fit but if not then some simple L brackets should do the job. the clips according to the harness simply need to be stripped and a female connector should do the job. At least that's the route i will be going.

Quote:

thanks andy. just trying to find good deals here and there.

Quote:

the electrical shouldn't be that big of a deal man i'll show you and take pictures of what i plan do do that way it'll give you an idea, if not i'll get to it hopefully this weekend. if my daughter allows me too...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crad008 View Post
Actually, doesn't the jdm/ukdm/audm/anything other then usdm.
Replace the Cruise control switch?

I recently just switched over from the usdm switch (in the armrest) and bought the one that belongs in the dash and put it where the dimmer switch is but ran into a couple of problems...Mainly
1.If you unplug the dimmer switch the center console will no longer light up.
--to fix this we plugged it back in behind the center console and made sure the dimmer was all the way up.
2.If you place it in the dimmer switch spot it will be upside down, and wont click when you push it.
--to fix this we noticed that we can have it go the right way but it was a little loose, so if it's tilted a little bit it fits snug in the spot, but not 100% tight like it would be if it was in the cruise control spot.
3.The wiring if you are going from your usdm switch (3 wires) to the jdm switch (5 wires)
--this was actually very easy to fix it was mostly just common sense and a little bit of searching. jdm switch has 2 black wires 2 red with black stripe wires and 1 red with a green or yellow stripe....combine the black wires, combine the red with black stripe wires and you'll have the red with green or yellow stripe and there you have your 3 that will connect to the usdm switch.
Thank you sooooo much for clearing this up. yesterday in my fustrations of trying to get the switch to fit. Unfortunate for me in my fustration and not looking up how to remove the dimmer switch, my dumbass decided to simply use a flat head and ended up breaking the black surrounding to the dimmer switch. no biggie since i dont need it but i will be leaving it on in the inside like you mentioned. i did realize that it wasn't snug and tight like the dimmer switch. but what i ended up doing was slightly applying pressure to the back surroundings of the switch and turned it to the left. by doing so it made the switch nice and tight and not wobbly. the only thing it leaves the foglight pic on the actual switch face at an angle instead of how it should be. No biggie though.. i'll get a pic of this and what i'm trying to explain this paragraph on my lunch break.

Quote:
Looking through ebay, I noticed Honda Element fogs look alot like the Teg units (cheaply priced as well). Just something I noticed. Anyways, I'm going to bed
nice find on the element fogs who knows maybe the brackets and wiring is easier than the pilot ones. let me know how you are going to handle your wiring harness and installation to help me and others that are trying to go this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kecknj View Post
Can we stop now? How many threads must I read that get hijacked over stupid arguments?
i agree. no hard feelings to any of you but let's get back:

I'm not trying to have this thread locked by the mods. this thread is meant for helping out other members find 98+ fogs that are better than most of the crap out there. thanks guys
elninolindo22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #27 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 4 reviews

I've been thinking about this one... I think it would be easy to mount if you had one of those grill-craft grills. You could essentially toss all of the brackets that go along with the fogs.

It would involve cutting a circular hole in each side of the grill, then mounting the upper mounting holes with bolts through holes already in the grill, using washers on the outer (far left and right) holes to get it aligned perpendicular to the car. This would be the adjustment to make them point "straight ahead" and would take some trial and error with the bumper off the car.

The bottom mount would stick out, but you could mount the alignment screw with a nut on the back side of the grill. That way you could still adjust the up/down alignment. You would however have to find a way to secure the nut so that it didn't move with the turning of the alignment screw.

Two concerns though:

1. The grill might not support the weight of the fog lamps, causing them to bounce and shake as you are driving down the road. If this does happen you could get some L brackets to secure the grill better, sandwiching the upper fog mounts between the L and the grill.

2. Clearance might look like crap. How deep is the fog light between the upper mounting points and the front of the lamp?

Thoughts?
kecknj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #28 (permalink)

Year: 1994
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Well I just got my fog lights from the same vendor. I'll also be attempting this retrofit. It seems to be complete, I'm curious if there's a way to use the switch it came with...
phenom3030 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List