Team Integra Forums banner

98 gsr cranks but won't start.

16K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  CHRISINLA 
#1 ·
Here's the scoop: A month ago my car wouldn't even crank, so I took it to a mechanic, and they diagnosed the problem to be some of my wiring. (Car thought the rear hatch was open, and I have a manual w/ a remote starter). Now, I get it back and drive it once, no problem. The next day, I put the car in R, back out of my parking spot, shift into 1st, and as I released the clutch and gave some gas, the engine just died. No jerking like your usual stall; it just died. Now it cranks, but will not start. I tried banging on the dash/under steering wheel to see if the relays were bad, but it still does not start. A mechanic friend thinks it may be the fuel pump, but I want to get a second opinion, and I would like to get a good idea of how much this might cost. Can anyone help me?

#2 ·
Sounds like it could be a fuel pump issue. When you turn the ignition to ON (II), do you hear the pump engage? If not, pull your main relay, look and see if theres any obvious shorts or broken solders, if the relay checks out, I'd take a look at the pump. I know the fuel pump for my 92 Integra GSR is about $250... It's an expensive repair, so check the relay first.

#3 ·
i remember reading about remote starters do damage on manual cars some where. if i remember where i read that i will post it up

#8 ·
i've had the same problem and it turned out to be the distributor going bad. My friend took a plug wire from the distributor cap, used a tester and found out it was this.

Regardless use GSR624's link up above.

#9 ·
i have an 89 with a simular prob. cranks but no start so i checked to see if my pump was working by takeing an extra bater and ran power strate to the pump it worked put my meater to the conector turn the key on and no voltage thats where i am withe madness good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.