Everything inside the car is wet - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'm talking...the whole damn thing. Granted ... it has been raining/snowing a lot recently but still? passenger floor, driver floor, rear floor, REAR SEATS!!! trunk. any help?
nomoreavril is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Articles: 11
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

well, making a thread on the forum certainly won't magically fix the problem.
normally one would try to locate the source of the leak whenever they have a leak...

if you don't know where you should start, try to search for "leak" and go from there.
there are 3 common possible leak with the integra.
- sunroof and trunk (related to drain tube)
- window frame (damaged weather strips)
- a-pillar/firewall (due to rust)

so, try to locate your source and go from there.
go from area that is most wet.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews

when my tail light gaskets were leaking, the water from there made it all the way to my back seats, saturating them with water (they're basically sponges). Try removing your rear interior panel and see if water is leaking in through your tails. I don't know about the driver floor, but a common passenger floor leak is due to the front windshield cowl seal failing.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Model: The 'L' train
Articles: 3
Feedback Score: 35 reviews

Tail lights, moonroof drain tubes... these are big points of entry for lots of water.
MeltMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 16 reviews

make sure ur not driving around with a little pong in ur trunk so make sure u lift up cover and check it out. before i fixed my drain tubes i used to have ma whole passenger side front and rear soaked but i cleared out drain tubes nd resealed everything and also ma trunk cuz had leakes from gasket and now my car stays nice nd dry... a little musty but thats a problem for another day.. like when it gets warmer out .....
PaNdAmOnIuM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Model: Integra
Year: 2000
Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

In the mean time do you have a garage and a dehumidifier to start drying it out? May want to buy a bunch of arm and hammer fridge baking soda boxes to help soak up the moister. Just keep one in the car after it's dried as much as you can.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony4311 on Feb/26/10
In the mean time do you have a garage and a dehumidifier to start drying it out? May want to buy a bunch of arm and hammer fridge baking soda boxes to help soak up the moister. Just keep one in the car after it's dried as much as you can.
i believe i have a dehumidifier in storage. or maybe its a humidifier. haha i dont remember. i've definately got some arm and hammer. good ideas thank you. i should be getting some new taillights in today(doing the crystal red) so when i replace them i fill find if its the taillights leaking.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

take your front seats out, take out the center console, take out back seats, remove spare and rear cargo cover. Get a shopvac, spend a couple hours getting it as dry as possible. Then get 2 or three fans, hook them up and let them go for the rest of the day.

Check on the car periodically to see if its working. Personally when this happened to me, I put two small fans under the carpet after I had gotten most of the water up.

DO NOT THINK THAT THERE IS NO WATER UNDER THE CARPET!!!! check first, cause chances are the carpet got so saturated that there are puddles underneath.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

thanks for all the help guys. for now i will try to vacuum/soak it all up. i just make some "custom" taillights, and when i pulled out the stockers they weren't sealed properly at both the seam of the two plastics and the foam gasket(there was water everywhere) on the passenger side. so hopefully this was the source and the oNLY one and it will stop. we shall see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.