OBD1 and OBD2?what years? - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2010, 07:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

My 00 LS does not work anymore and I will probly buy another teg.Issue is I got tired of that OBD2 emisions BS and im looking to buy a obd1 what years should I look for thats not obd2?thanks
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Model: GS Coupe
Year: 2000

What BS? You just have to make sure it's not throwing a code here. If you do pre-OBD-II they actually test your exhaust, fuel cap and evap system.
sigma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

94-97 tegs are obd1
Empire Motorsports~JSpec Auto~Weksos~JHP USA R.I.P Jacob Ethan Tyler Dubose Hit by a texting driver originally posted by slammednslowls:you eoewoljd not do thta! oh lorf i am going to lafdught at this tomeoeeow! Hey it was fujn thougjhp
Gen_Crunchytoes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes on Jan/30/10
94-97 tegs are obd1
actually 94-95 where obd1 than 96 became obd2 so basically any car after 96 is a obd2
khanster786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 6 reviews

obdII is much easier to diagnose if your stock anyway. and emission is easier, all they do is check to see if your check engine light is on. pre obdII they have to put a sniffer in your pipe, and noone likes that.

all american cars were required to conform to obdII standards by 1996. 95 and before will be obdI honda did get in some troubble because some 96 and 97 cars were having problems with obdII.

anywho, if i had to do it again id propably buy a 96 or later, i think thats the year they stopped rusting out on the quarters, but that makes em obdII.
blahblah718293 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 09:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsoldja on Jan/30/10
My 00 LS does not work anymore and I will probly buy another teg.Issue is I got tired of that OBD2 emisions BS and im looking to buy a obd1 what years should I look for thats not obd2?thanks
How does your LS not work anymore? Blow the motor? Total it in a wreck? I feel like just FIXING your car would be much smarter than replacing your car because it "does not work anymore".
Old 01-30-2010, 09:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanster786 on Jan/30/10
Quote: Gen_Crunchytoes on Jan/30/1094-97 tegs are obd1

actually 94-95 where obd1 than 96 became obd2 so basically any car after 96 is a obd2
if so then why are 94-97 motors obd1 and 98+spec are obd2
Gen_Crunchytoes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 09:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Model: Integra LS
Year: 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_j on Jan/30/10
Quote: prsoldja on Jan/30/10My 00 LS does not work anymore and I will probly buy another teg.Issue is I got tired of that OBD2 emisions BS and im looking to buy a obd1 what years should I look for thats not obd2?thanks

How does your LS not work anymore? Blow the motor? Total it in a wreck? I feel like just FIXING your car would be much smarter than replacing your car because it "does not work anymore".
amen brotha
alexg562 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Model: STi
Year: 2005
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah718293 on Jan/30/10
obdII is much easier to diagnose if your stock anyway. and emission is easier, all they do is check to see if your check engine light is on. pre obdII they have to put a sniffer in your pipe, and noone likes that.

all american cars were required to conform to obdII standards by 1996. 95 and before will be obdI honda did get in some troubble because some 96 and 97 cars were having problems with obdII.

anywho, if i had to do it again id propably buy a 96 or later, i think thats the year they stopped rusting out on the quarters, but that makes em obdII.
nope ever year teg has 1/4 panel rust issues because of those stupid ass rubber strips. Honda just recently stopped putting those on thier cars. If i could do it all again i'd get an obd-1 teg....easier to tune.
97lsteggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 11:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Alright Let me clarify a few things,Trust me I would love to get my car up and running more then I would love to get laid but My car has been down for about a month and ive been looking up and down and everything I can think of that it can be and came up empty.
I took it to a mechanic and pretty much it was lets cbuy this part brand new to see if thats it anyways the point is buying part by part Ive spent about 700 so far and now the computer/code scanner is saying it could be the ecu so now he wants me to replace the ecu and the ignition cause its also having issues since it was crank for a long time and thats going to run me about 900,Ignition,ECU,Program Ecu and then program ignition to ecu cause the anti theft thing and its not sure to fix the problem so thats why im saying it dont work and not worth fixing.
Reason I want OBD1 yea its because of emisions and because I could never find someone who could chip a 98 and up ecu.I know im probly wrong and theres someone out there who knows how to but as far as I know I couldnt find no one.And for the guys that are wondering why the hell would I say it dont work pretty much spark comes and goes whenever it feels like it,Brand new distributor ,crank sensor and starter and battery but still nothing
prsoldja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 11:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

I understand obd2 is easier to diagnose but I jsut dont want that anti theft ignition key stuff and as far as I know all obd2 have them someone please correct me if im wrong
prsoldja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 6 reviews

im pretty sure they added all that in like 99 or 00, not all obdII cars have chipped keys.
blahblah718293 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 11:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

Well maybe you should take it to a new mechanic. Remember mechanics are in the game for one thing and that is to make money. Personally if you INSIST on taking it to someone (I do all my own work, so a mechanic is a last resort for someone like myself. I would rather find the issue, and fix it because then I know that much more about the car.), why not take it to a honda technician that knows the car inside and out? And can you explain the cost effectiveness of spending $2000 (and that's being generous, you'd be lucky to find one in good shape that cheap) on a new teg that runs, rather than fixing yours? And what if your new teg comes up with similar problems down the road? Then your in it 2 cars that don't work.

Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk but replacing a car because 'it does not work anymore" is just not a good idea. I understand the cost of repairs, and needing a car that runs as well. You can find ecu's relatively cheap if you search on forums for a used piece, I'm sure the mechanic is not giving you any kind of good deal. For the record, an OBD2 vehicle can be converted to OBD1 with a harness from Rywire.com, and an OBD1 ecu. Just fix the integra you have now, there is only so many things that it can be. Best of luck.
andrew_j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 11:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

Model: LS
Year: 2001

x2 You can convert a OBD2 teg into an OBD1 teg.

x2 on taking it a better mechanic too. Honda shouldn't be that hard to fix.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List