distributor oil leak - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Hi Guys. I've had a problem with my b18b1 head leaking oil where the distributor plugs into the head. I have replaced the little o-ring gasket on it and it still leaks. The only thing i can think of that would change the diameter enough to cause a leak is the top cam bearing caps which I am 100% were torqued to spec. I considered just using a glob of gasket sealant on the o-ring and then quickly putting the car in time before it dries. That wouldn't be an issue because I am using hondata and can change the timing via smanager.

Has anyone else had a problem with oil leaking here? Is it possible to find an o-ring with a slightly larger thickness to help this leak? Is it possible that I need to disassemble / reassemble the head to fix this problem?

I am just at a loss here, it is the only oil leak on my car, and it is leaking about a quart of mobil 1 full syn every month.

any help/pointers would be appreciated.

thank you =)
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2010, 02:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

hmm i have this prob on my gsr, i just got a new dizzy today, so ill see if the oil leak still happens..
trontonics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 06:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

*** Removed by user at Feb 10 2010 6:44AM (Server Time) ***

There is an O-ring around the distributor. Take the three bolts off that hold the unit in, I would also mark somehow the position of the distributor, as you can adjust timing by moving it. Ther e is an O-ring on the part that goes into the engine. Honda sells these for like $5....
Mine had done the same thing before and it stopped the leak.
Robinjo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 6 reviews

I have the same exact problem on my gsr. I just put a new dizzy on it, for another reason, not too long ago, and it still leaks. I'm wondering the same thing.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

UGH FOR THE LoNGEST TIME SINCE I HAD THIS CAR..i c oil leaks all over my tranny under the dizzy area. i cant visually c the leak and i lose like a quart of oil between changes (every 3000 miles).I usually check my oil every other gas up and refill accordingly. So i have assumed its the dizzy, but i really dont feel like dealing with it since its just a small amount. let me know how u deal with it and if that is what was wrong with urs.

and what i edluded me to it is that i c about a quarter size oil stain on my driveway every night i park the teg. and the oil seems to be beading up right at the bottom of the tranny. And i dont think its the transmission fluid because the transmission shifts fine and i changed my transmission fluid approx 6k miles after i bought the car but that oil still has been leaking over the transmission
crvtecteg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

by replacement seals, valve cover gasket kits and honda bond from ebay
Old 02-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

You have to take the valve cover off to put you dizzy on? As far as I know its just an oring that goes on the distributor shaft. I dnt know, but it sounds like it would be a simple fix if you guys did some investigating. A quart of oil every 3000= like 6-8 bucks so If it were a o ring or even if you have to replace your valve cover gasket it would pay it self off. Plus keep your motor and tranny CLEAN. : )
1swtdc2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

yeah true...i guess i really should just find a day to take the dizzy off and check it out...i degrease the engine twice a year before and after winter. it'd be nice to only have to do it once a year if possible lol.
crvtecteg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

I am having the same problem with my b18b motor, there is oil all over my tranny but what exactly is the dizzy?
ricketkm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

the dizzy is your distributor. also i know on my b18c head it used to leak oil from the vtec unit. those gaskets go bad. just replaced mine. i had a leaky dizzy too, make sure all three bolts are real nice and tight otherwise youll get some leakage
Old 04-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

So it could be the distributor leaking oil on my tranny ?
ricketkm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

yea it could be. my mounting holes on my head are shot so my dizzy has only one bolt holding it in until i fix it, but even with all three mine leaked a bit. in the very front corner of my head gasket is leaking a bit right where the tranny meets, check that and see if theres leaking going on. because i have oil leaking on the top of my tranny and underneath the car theres allways oil down there allover the bottom of my tranny. i think its my head gasket since the front corner seems bad, but it could be my rear main, god i hope it stops when i change my head gasket in a few weeks and clean it all up. also i have everything i need to do my head gasket and i heard you have to change the botls because there torwue to yeild bolts. but in the manual it says you can use the stock bolts over agian. you just need to torque them less. im hesitating on doing the head gasket because of this, so i need new bolts, cause i cant afford them.
97superteg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Be very careful if you have this condition. on my B1 oil was dripping from the dizzy onto a coolant hose just below. The oil will break down thr rubber. I was lucky to catch the problem before it blew, but it was swelled up like a banana when I caught it.
95argetniSE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

i just replaced that hose too it exploded one night when i was at the gym, luckily it was winter so it didnt over heat on the way home.
97superteg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.